• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

mcx apex eating belts like they are going out of style

I checked alingment today, it is dead on. Perhaps you are right about the belt sliding threw the seciondary too fast and cuasing excessive heat. I tightened it to 3-9 and its a black white strip. I will let you know what happens. Thanks everyone

DooAssassin said:
I tightened it to 3-9 and its a black white strip. I will let you know what happens

Not a good idea, Yamaha white should not be tighten that much, it will bind before clutches are fully shifted out.
You should put an EPI purple or an Arctic green spring in there, with much more sidepressure that grips the belt!

I have a white secondary spring that came with the sled. Its white with a baby blue spray paint stripe. its 3/4 in taller. It feels alittle harder compression and less windings. does anyone know whats its from? Im sure its a aftermarket spring for a 03 rx turbo.... I have a white spring primary also and a rx1 o3 turbo helix.

engages now @ 3800 revs to 10500 , then floats from 10100 to 10500 depending on terrain. BTW this is after installing a tigher seciondary spring and adding 2 washers to the tips of the weights.
Only thing is off the trail it goes to 10500 and dives to 9800 and stays there during acceleration.

Back