• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MCX240 Boost on Pump Gas

I have the MCX240 kit with the head shim running at about 1000'. I am running at about 11 PSI on premium pump gas (91 Octane). I like the power but can I go more? MCX says max is 13PSI, but using the Boost spreadsheet 11 is 91 and 13 is 93. So am I save, should I add some Torco accelerator, so I go with meth? I guess keeping A/F ratios below 12 will help as well. Just wondering what save boost with 91 would be.

Thanks
NB

boost

I run 12##on 91 but add 4oz of torco per tank and its working for me...

Northernboy said:
I have the MCX240 kit with the head shim running at about 1000'. I am running at about 11 PSI on premium pump gas (91 Octane). I like the power but can I go more? MCX says max is 13PSI, but using the Boost spreadsheet 11 is 91 and 13 is 93. So am I save, should I add some Torco accelerator, so I go with meth? I guess keeping A/F ratios below 12 will help as well. Just wondering what save boost with 91 would be.

Thanks
NB

Pretty sure you have a 60 thou head shim + head gasket gives you .077 - plug that into the calculator and you get 13# @ 91 octane - and 11# @ 89.9 octane. I'm running the same shim on a MPI stage 2 and running 12.5 - 13 # on 91 pump gas.

The head shim is 0.075" and this is on a Nytro are the calculations right?

6 lbs = 84.9 Octane
8 lbs = 87.1 Octane
10 lbs = 89.3 Octane
11 lbs = 90.4 Octane

All at 1000'.

Northernboy said:
The head shim is 0.075" and this is on a Nytro are the calculations right?

6 lbs = 84.9 Octane
8 lbs = 87.1 Octane
10 lbs = 89.3 Octane
11 lbs = 90.4 Octane

All at 1000'.

sorry I did my calculations on a Apex - Nytro : with .075 shim I am getting different values than you - are you chaging the head shim values and adding the altitued??

This is what I come up with, is there something wrong with my numbers?
Thanks

Attachments

• boost_calc.png
    boost_calc.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 115
Add an fuelpump, an FPR and do a remap, voila 270hp.

Agree, i'm in the same boat ;)!
A while back, around a year ago, my boost fever was really bad, had plans to add meth, add a bigger turbo, beefing up the engine a.s.o. to start with i added some good fuel and rised boost as much my turbo could handle, what i noticed then was because i had to change my clutching to keep it off the limiter the sled got worse to drive in the trees and in really tight spot's, so right now i turned the boost down again, did some other mod's, and i'm really enjoy my 310hp Apex, what i want to say with that is that i believe that every sled / sledder has a sweetspot when sled and sledder works in harmony, that's how i feel anyway, hp isn't everything, it's every mod done to the sled put together working in harmony, do i make any sense, maybe little to deep? :)

TBird said:
Agree, i'm in the same boat ;)!
A while back, around a year ago, my boost fever was really bad, had plans to add meth, add a bigger turbo, beefing up the engine a.s.o. to start with i added some good fuel and rised boost as much my turbo could handle, what i noticed then was because i had to change my clutching to keep it off the limiter the sled got worse to drive in the trees and in really tight spot's, so right now i turned the boost down again, did some other mod's, and i'm really enjoy my 310hp Apex, what i want to say with that is that i believe that every sled / sledder has a sweetspot when sled and sledder works in harmony, that's how i feel anyway, hp isn't everything, it's every mod done to the sled put together working in harmony, do i make any sense, maybe little to deep? :)

man i totally agree....I liked me apex when it was 260 with stock pistons at 12psi then i do mine with lc pistons @15psi..... now im trying to get the throttle response back..cause we do alot of tree riding....good comment

Back