• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Midwest snow report

Snow has melted here in Marquette as of now.
It's going to be a wet Christmas here.
For sure..I pay attention to two meteorologists on YouTube. Both are seeing very chaotic models and patterns throughout the country. Cold front is coming in for us, next week.

For sure..I pay attention to two meteorologists on YouTube. Both are seeing very chaotic models and patterns throughout the country. Cold front is coming in for us, next week.
Man I hope so.
Ready to trade for utv.... not

When we get snow here in the Yoop we will have 10,000 sleds here in a hurry. It will be the only place with snow. Ill be ready!

Cancelled our Marinesco MI trip for Wednesday now just going to take the SXS up to Tomahawk Wi to do some riding I guess. Not the same.

When we get snow here in the Yoop we will have 10,000 sleds here in a hurry. It will be the only place with snow. Ill be ready!
Something like this?

OpeningDay.JPG

12 to 18" predicted for today. Now just freezing rain. What a joke!!
Screenshot_20231224-214157_copy_440x259.png

She hit the mark yesterday, and turned to snow. Heavy accumulation. Blowing winds will make it appear to be much less. Wish she would have dumped a little further west into the Black hills.
Screenshot_20231225-141452_copy_495x337.png

Last edited:
Climate Change may have some effects on winter in some area’s at certain times but in my opinion its not the cause of current warmer than normal temps. On December 14, 2023 at 12:02 the sun let off a solar flare that was so big its done alot of damage to satellites, and when it hit the magnetic field of earth it had a big effect on our weather… Solar flares are normal but nothing like this one…. Just for the record I can remember back in the eighties we had a winter where on Christmas day it was 72 degrees in Saginaw, Michigan and front page of paper showed a kid water skiing on Christmas on the Saginaw Bay …I played golf on December 27 that year.. and then rhode a sled mid January… If your are a sledder today and love riding you need to be ready and know its always been a short season in most years….

Definitely understand where your coming from. I understand about the solar flare, but have no idea how long it takes to travel the distance.
In regards to climate change, that's been going on for the last 3.5 billion years. IMHO. I think all of our mining, polluting, etc is help to speed up a process that is inevitable.

That only took 15 minutes. Might be able to do some shredding. Lol
IMG_20231228_074757639_copy_2048x1536.jpg
IMG_20231228_082007141_copy_2048x1536.jpg

We out in the black hills of s.d. got 12 to 16 inchs of fresh snow, grommers started yesterday morning, first grooming to make base so i dont expect much saturday morning when i go check it out.

We out in the black hills of s.d. got 12 to 16 inchs of fresh snow, grommers started yesterday morning, first grooming to make base so i dont expect much saturday morning when i go check it out.
Let me know what's up. I can head that way on Monday? Just saying. Lol

Back