• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Missing rear shock

Bt04f250

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 sidewinder xtx 137 high Vis ordered 2012 Polaris rush pro r Le
Curious if people have seen an issue with the fox qs3 breaking. My rear most skid shock broke off. Last week when I was riding Minnesota one morning my sled had a vibration. I chocked it up to ice as I didn’t see anything right off. Vibration went away and seemed okay remainder of trip. Suspension did seem spriny in back but rode okay as it was pure trail riding and trails were smoth #*$&@ glass. Was planning to rebuild shocks. This summer. Long story short today i gone sled an inspection after a good thaw to find the shock is gone. Broken shaft and just the threaded cap at the bottom. Gonna call the dealer in the morning but don’t feel this is gonna be a conversation I wanna have. Sled is a 2018 sw xtx137

Last edited:

I've heard the center one falling apart for various reasons but never the rear? Pictures?

Here are a couple pics

Attachments

• 43BE2471-4B45-42F8-85FC-8F70DA5CB86C.jpeg
    43BE2471-4B45-42F8-85FC-8F70DA5CB86C.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 379
  • 8F1A9D8E-95AC-415F-B0AB-ABD97F732FF2.jpeg
    8F1A9D8E-95AC-415F-B0AB-ABD97F732FF2.jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 363
If you still have warranty you should be covered barring any unforseen neglect

Sled is mint. I’m hoping they don’t fight me. Track is damaged from this also.

Went through this in January on a DX, 1,000 miles, nothing left but a bent rod and piston, mangled the track and some other goodies. No particular reason why it grenaded. Dealer had a big struggle with Yam warranty, and hooped him on some labor. He took a crapper load of pics and sent to them, countless phone calls but eventually got it approved including new track minus re-studding. Down for a good 10 days. This is Yam Canada, not sure about Yam US warranty tho, good luck Bt! Cheers

Went through this in January on a DX, 1,000 miles, nothing left but a bent rod and piston, mangled the track and some other goodies. No particular reason why it grenaded. Dealer had a big struggle with Yam warranty, and hooped him on some labor. He took a crapper load of pics and sent to them, countless phone calls but eventually got it approved including new track minus re-studding. Down for a good 10 days. This is Yam Canada, not sure about Yam US warranty tho, good luck Bt! Cheers
Was your sled under the original 1 year factory warranty or using a YES warranty?

Was your sled under the original 1 year factory warranty or using a YES warranty?

Was factory 1 yr warranty, dealer demo bought last March.
Also, they wont upgrade any parts, must be original OEM spec the way the sled came from factory.

Yeah I figured no upgrades but wasn’t worried about that. Just wanted it fixed. I’m being told no warranty on shock as part of the YES warranty

Back