• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mono rear spring adjust help

r6chiro

Veteran
Hi, I have a big boy spring (i think) on 06 rtx. is there some trick to adjust that spring. The tool provided is next to useless even with a bar attached. Tried pounding with a hammer and screwdriver. Just wondering if there is any fancy trick to stiffen up that spring setting before I lose my mind. Thanks.

I built a tool to adjust my spring because the one that comes with it is useless unless you take a bunch of the pressure off the adjuster. I used to use a couple of gear clamps inline with the shock and pull 3 of the coils together.That is the only way I could use the supplied tool.

Thanks got it done w brute force, ended up using 4lb sledge and a long extenion bar for a ratchet and just hit it. The tool is useless!!!!

Just use a punch and a hammer, your not going to hurt anything, been doing it this way for years. Spraying it down with WD40 first helps also. It actually turns pretty easy.

Back