• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

More pics

jmahler

I have gone to Conn power sport in the past and been very hapy. How do the guys in Hartford compare price wise?

Also, I see you ordered a GT. Why the GT over the Attack?

I have allways riden a short track my self, but there has been a lot of positive talk about the Attack.

Thanks Bob

Pitt4212 said:
jmahler said:
Rotax! said:
pitt4212, that's what my rep told me as well. I too will not be happy, because the dealer Yamaha rep told me it was supposed to be 30 percent firmer than the proto.

Just wondering why you want such a firm seat?

-J

It's not that I want a firm seat to kneel on, I want the firmer seat so that I sit up higher and so that my knees are'nt higher than my quads. That way there it is easier to go from standing to sitting, vice versa.
Bingo.................

Pitt4212 said:
NH Rider said:
The seats seem the same as the show sleds last spring

The base of the bar mount is still the chrome plastic cover.

If the seat is still the same softness as the prototypes I am going to be very disappointed with Yamaha b/c all I heard in the spring was that the seats would definately be firmer on the production sleds. That is a major disappointment!!!!! Still hoping.
I just talked to customer service in Canada, Ontario and they said that the seat has changed considerably from the protos starting with the flap on the seat and he also indicated that the seat is firmer than the protos, but he did not have the actual details on how much firmer they actually changed it.

Here are some pics from an 06 Vector GT skid frame.

the W-arm
normal_w-arm%202_7_1.jpg

W-arm
normal_w-arm_8_1.jpg

ra boot
normal_ra%20boot%201_2_1.jpg

I have somemore will post later, check out the RS section for pics of the sled.

Pullinfront.

Pullinfront,
What great pictures!! and you hosted them at imagetex so the would be nice and big, fantastic job.

Looks like the pivot arms are different, some gusseting welded in.
To be sure I'd have to see an 05 RX, but it sure looks like it :D

I saw a blue Attack on the dealers showroom floor. Great looking sled!!!
I made the following obervations. The skid has 7 zerks in it. 4 - on pivot points and 3 - on cross shafts. The running boards are fantastic, these things will grip. The seat is definately firmer then the proto's. The chrome collar around the steering column is so-so. The weakest looking thing on the sled is the handle bar cover which is a 6"x4"x4" vinyl covered block with nothing on it.

Pullinfront, thanks for the excellent photos.

I compared the suspension to some old picture I have of my 05 and it is a little different. I'm not sure if it will fix the problems 100% though - I hope so...

From what I can see it's the same everywhere except the added gussets at the lower cross shaft (mine never cracked in this area but it might reduce the stress in other areas too).

Attachments

• Right Side.jpg
    Right Side.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 102
  • DSCN0256-red.JPG
    DSCN0256-red.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 105
  • DSCN0253-red.JPG
    DSCN0253-red.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 105
  • DSCN0349-red.JPG
    DSCN0349-red.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 131
Actually I take it back a bit...

One potentially significant change is the cross bracing between the two angled tubes. The two cross brace tubes are farther apart on the old one and much closer together on the new one.

This might reduce some of the flexing of the tube that attaches to the u-brackets (that are broken in some of my pics) and might stop the u-bracket from cracking. It's hard to measure in the pictures, but the metal might also be thicker (or better quality) on the 06 w-arm.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. There is definitely some improvement though and my w-arms laster for about 4000 kms on the 05 typically.

A small reduction in stress might be enough to stop them from cracking (I'm still leaning towards having my next w-arm beefed up anyway).

Rotax! said:
Pitt4212 said:
NH Rider said:
The seats seem the same as the show sleds last spring

I just talked to customer service in Canada, Ontario and they said that the seat has changed considerably from the protos starting with the flap on the seat and he also indicated that the seat is firmer than the protos, but he did not have the actual details on how much firmer they actually changed it.

thanks for the positive info I hope it is correct!

Back