• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mountain Handle Bar Update Wanted...

i just called the dealer and ordered it. Give them the part number posted on ty. They charged me 30.00 plus shipping and mailed it to me.

True Blue said:
I know that, but i wanted a second pair and if someone has modified
their sled and don't want the update i'm looking for this situation.

TB

you missed what i said. I had no letter. Didn't need the letter just call a dealer to get them.

You can only get one set of handle bars for each VIN number. HE WANTS TWO SETS. Thats what he is asking........anyone that owns an 06 apex mt thats doesnt need the updated bars, get them anyway and sell them. Eric

vectorboy said:
All you gain for 30 bucks is wiring in series for the grip warmers as well as 1.5 inches taller.

And one piece bars and a heater elliment that goes all the way down the hook. If there not hto enough I'll install heaters inside them again just like my 06's. Eric

heater

I have a new set and am looking at his closer now. I do have different bars. Was hoping that the beater and grip was something thing was transferable. It may be but I am having second thoughts about trying to remove the heating pad. At $120 ea for new elements I don't know if I would want them in case you had to change in the future. If all that has to be done is change the wiring pattern Yamaha would have done this instead of changing everything else. Has anyone tried the grips from the viper, do they work? If all you lose is the hook that wouldn't be that big of deal.

leaddog, they are easily transferrable. drill out the 2 rivots, and slide them out. they don't have heated pad type like polaris or other type grips. heating element is in the grip.

Back