• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mountain Ski?

YamaMTX

Lifetime Member
Looking for a new ski that works well in the powder and doesn't dart on the trail. Something that isn't going to be a pain in the neck to ride trails for 30-40 miles but works well in the floatation department.
Cost?
where is a good place to buy them from?

Thanks

Only thing that worries me about these Gen 3s, is they still have to realt lip on the sides. On the trial I've neen numerous guys catch an edge with other Simmons and flip over viloently.

Yamaha mountain skis with sno trackers float and there is ZERO tracking/darting on the trail.

upei93 said:
Yamaha mountain skis with sno trackers float and there is ZERO tracking/darting on the trail.

IMO yamaha mountain ski's don't float well for a mountain ski. Maybe for the crossover guy but for pure mountain they don't float.

I'm 95 percent sure I'm going with the gen 3 for the main reason just to compare them with nikolai's C&A's. Since I think they will both be great ski's and it will be interesting to see how they compare.

rlcofmn said:
upei93 said:

IMO yamaha mountain ski's don't float well for a mountain ski. Maybe for the crossover guy but for pure mountain they don't float.

I'm 95 percent sure I'm going with the gen 3 for the main reason just to compare them with nikolai's C&A's. Since I think they will both be great ski's and it will be interesting to see how they compare.

I'm a flatlander so float to me is different then you...compared to the pencils they float...maybe I should stay out of the mountain forum lol

upei93 said:
I'm a flatlander so float to me is different then you...compared to the pencils they float...maybe I should stay out of the mountain forum lol
"float" is pretty subjective. I don't want more float on my sled, as it makes it more difficult to carve in shallower snow. The skis are supposed to dive in in a carve. Some people prefer different amounts of float. Some like the simmons gen2 wakeboards, and some people don't.

IMO, the nytro needs more float from it's body, not its skis, but again, that is just me.

You bring up a good point and I was thinking about that today. My other concern is that I have a pretty bad angle of attack and although my sled has done fine in the past I'm wondering if more flotation will just cause it to trench by not letting the nose come down enough.

Back