• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mountaintech saved my sled

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 FX Nytro RTX Anniversary Edition
1979 Enticer 340
2009 FX Nytro XTX
3DF33C3C-AC6A-492D-A039-EC3A5EA62554.jpeg
75E40CB8-A457-4CB8-BD36-7A94B68EDCB5.jpeg
63F783E5-76C2-4803-BA04-7F88B496F271.jpeg
Out riding lakeshore on weekend only to uncover a nice gem of a bolder. As you can see in pictures front skis jumped about 7 ft. forward the skid landed at an angle. I landed it like an endo. Can't thank mountaintech enough for that skid plate. That rock would have cleaned off oil pan and filter no doubt.

Thanks again mountaintech. Can ride another day now.

I'm glad it saved your sled and you are able to ride another day. My sled didn't spare so well. My mountaintech skid plate was no match for the stump I hit and it totaled my sled.

I seen what happened to yours. Don't like seeing anybody's sled wrecked. But we fix it or move to new iron and ride on.

I seen what happened to yours. Don't like seeing anybody's sled wrecked. But we fix it or move to new iron and ride on.
Yup that's what I did. I had been playing with the idea of buying a brand new sled for awhile now and this accident made it pretty easy to make a decision.

I bet it scared you a bit when you hit it!

Oh ya didn't see it coming. Didn't know what the f happen till you stop an look back and go holy cow. I stayed upright and sleds ok. Then you check your pants.

Yeah I have been there before.

Wow, could you have lined that up any better..... Had a ski hit that for sure a broken spindle and screwed up a arms would be the result.

So was there any damage to the heat exchanger?
MS

I knew I didn't like riding on frozen lakes. Glad it wasn't any worse. G.B.

Wow, could you have lined that up any better..... Had a ski hit that for sure a broken spindle and screwed up a arms would be the result.

So was there any damage to the heat exchanger?
MS
Not a mark on anything skid plate took the hit, bucked the sled and landed 7 ft ahead.

Any pics of your plate afterwards?

Back