• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MPI Supercharger setup help

unreal

Veteran
About to install a MPI Supercharger stage 1 on a 2006 Apex mountain. Kit has a bypass valve installed and will be running it at about 1850 ft and about 6500ft once in a while, 99% at 1850ft. Just wondering if anybody has any pointers to let me know about, Espeically tuning tips. Also have two primary's for it. Going to set one for 1850ft andone for 6500ft so any cluching tips would also be great. Also what kind of readings am I looking for on gauges? A/F gauge etc. :Rockon:
FIRST TIME RUNNING BOOST!!!

I have a stage 1 s/c on a 04 Rx1 Mtn with super tip wieghts, installed by self Dec 06 . Very happy with performance of sled here in northern AB and in mountains of northern BC . Slight problem just showed up with oil from s/c leaking out of vent hose? Currently running 10 psi boost on av gas. Any ideas on oil leak anyone. Supertips 71.5 grams,Or Pink Or prmary, 14.5 rollers, white sec wound at 90 ,shockwave set at 1.5 turns. Cannot help with fuel settings as I have carbs.

the vent hose leaking is a problem I had with my rx-1 if you run the oil level in the tank to the top full mark it will push oil out run it towards the bottom of the marks and it won't leak. maybe run the hose into a small like pill bottle so it doesn't make a mess....

MPI seems to be the only source ($75 US per bottle) Mine had the same belching issue if attempting to maintain level at the marks on the stick. MPI advised keeping oil level at the bottom of the stick - have not lost or added any since. They explained that the dip stick is from another application and it's not necessary to have the level that high :dunno: (my kit is three years old - this may have changed) Good Luck & enjoy the boost ;)!

Back