• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MPI Supercharger

Mine failed after i bought it, you knew my situation Matt with the sketchy seller and parts missing. Once again I thank you for everything you and the rest of the crew over there has done for me to get going. I however will take this situation with a grain of salt, fix the problem and keep going with boost. The little bit of fun I had was to much fun to give up.yes more failures have appeared but I also know plenty of ppl with the supercharger installed with no issues and have thousands of trouble free miles. That's what I'm after and if not this season it will be next An build for more boost. So thank you mpi for the help you have provided

Brad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Around 1200 miles. I didn't check the oil after. I checked it before the ride like I always do and it seemed to be fine, wasn't frozen, flowed fine. The oil only has 120 miles on it since the beginning of the season and it was changed and pressurized like it was mentioned in a previous post.

I just recently bought stage 1 sc nytro which mpi xtx and I have been trying to get dialled in and then calls me tonight to tell me what happened to his.. Really praying I don't end up part of this list.. Hope you guys can all get back and running

Rotrex said it was due to lack of oil! I installed it to Mpi's instructions but who knows!
A prime example of why you let MPI install and test then it's their baby....that's just my .02

A prime example of why you let MPI install and test then it's their baby....that's just my .02
Don't get me wrong I work on as much stuff as possible but things that expensive and important I will let a certified installer do the work

I'll tell you guys that if it was meant for professional install they wouldn't sell it. .In this case it isn't the installer. It's a manufacturer defect. The problem is here is if you sell a product, stand behind it. Don't push it off. You don't sell nothing if it's not tested. They've been out a long time. These are bolt in kits with slight frame modifications Loneida23. If I sell you a product and it breaks really fast and early your going to call me. Not the manufacturer. What if I told you then that I don't have it anymore. Hopefully it gets warrantied. If not we'll take some more money. Maybe Matt's hands are tied on this but what if they say it's denied. Do you really think i'm going to buy that again? So far it's been almost 3 weeks.

ok
how many people have had rotrex warranty a supercharger and what mileage was on it
if you had to buy one what was the discounted price
mine has 6000 miles and sounds noisey at idle but still runs good @12 psi

Loneida23...I'm supposed to send my whole sled to Utah to install a supercharger that is a bolt on kit. A kit they say "if you can install an exhaust you can install this kit". Give me a break! These shafts are crap! Warranty the damn things for gods sake. Many people save long and hard for this and can't afford to buy another one even at a discounted price after only a few hundred miles of riding. When the shafts are breaking so early then something is wrong with the shaft or the procedure given to install it.

The influence of this post and bad/potential supercharger shafts really has me considering doing an mcx turbo and I really did have my heart set on a super. It's really unfortunate to hear of the slow/if any warranty coverage and the timetable that issues are getting resolved. Not to mention the downtime this adds as well as the additional cost and inconvience to the consumer.

For me its not down time, its the loss of the season. I was able to put a tank a half of gas through the sled before mine let go. I am now going the turbo route as well.

The blown shaft has cost me a lot of time and even more money. I'm confident it will be warrantied because it was installed per the instructions provided by a qualified mechanic. With all the recent failures it is most likely a bad lot of parts and Rotrex should see this. The worst part is the loss of the boost for the season. I finally pulled the trigger on the purchase and it failed after only the second ride of the year. I researched the SC for a long time before I bought it and there were very few failures so I bought it with confidence. I can only hope this is just an anomaly and a new SC is on its way. I'll be sure to keep you all updated on the outcome.

Back