• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MTX Line up

Dealerjohn

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 MTX Viper, XTX Viper, 2001 SRX 700
Looks pretty scarce.. Whats up with that? no LE model.. no 153 Sidewinder.. Just one Sidewinder MTX. and its a 162. I find this very strange.

One would think a 153 would out sell a 162.. ?

There are still 153 MTXs they are just not called a mtx. Look at the cross over line and it is now called a BTX

But this BTX model is 57mm/2.25" track only. That's too low track to 153" turbo sled. Power going to nothing. Minimium should be 66mm/2.5" and I hope 3" track.

But this BTX model is 57mm/2.25" track only. That's too low track to 153" turbo sled. Power going to nothing. Minimium should be 66mm/2.5" and I hope 3" track.

that, and it has a very wide ski stance.

Seems like a lot of 4 stroke mtn riders go with a longer track, 162 or longer. Turbo rocket ship. Probably still weighs too much to be a nimble boony machine. I wouldn't want a 150 track 4 stroke mountain machine

Seems like a lot of 4 stroke mtn riders go with a longer track, 162 or longer. Turbo rocket ship. Probably still weighs too much to be a nimble boony machine. I wouldn't want a 150 track 4 stroke mountain machine
Its what I have. I love it.

Where is the 174x3 track already? Drop & Roll chaincase like the cat got, will have to get rid of that goofy cat oil tank thou for that to work.

I like a 153 because it works better in the UP. I found that a 162 was just getting to big for the tight trees up there. I think all mountain sleds should have at least a 2.5" paddle. No more 2.25" Its the mountains, go big or go home right?

Anyone know if they made any skid changes to handle the turbo power or are people still going to have to look to aftermarket?

Back