• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MTX stock shock mod

august

Veteran
Any harm in putting in a spacer above the spring on the MTX stock front shocks. I took the stabilizer off and need to stiffen things up a bit. Springs are maxed out and still a bit soft. This is somewhat temporary until I get some floats. I was just thinking of using a 1/2'' piece of plastic pipe. Any other ideas?

tha would have to be some strong PVC...but think the shim idea is a decent one....but they are rebuildable shocks, and you could get them done for like $75 or so...

ttabs said:
I wonder if you could cut a piece of 2" PVC to act as a shim in there. I'm just brain stormin here. :Rockon:

PVC will work just fine, I ran PVC spacers on my old doo for 3 years with no problems. I used a piece of a fitting because the wall thickness was greater than on a piece of pipe. Go get a PVC fitting and hit it with a hammer to see how tough it really is, you will be suprised.

You can get heavier replacement springs for about $89.00 per set from Pioneer Performance. I may be wrong but if you use a spacer you may be into a coil bind situation?

word on the pvc, just did that to a shock last night.

The 2" female to female couplers work pretty good. Just take your spring in there and the retainers to make sure everything fits correctly.

Though, I would be worried about coil bind......

I used it in a custom application where the spring was actually too short and did not allow for enough adjustment.

Spacer!!

Something like this!! ;)!

Attachments

• IMG_1039.JPG
    IMG_1039.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 95

Back