• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Music

Arnold08

Expert
I Know this is completly random but just got back from a ride on my dads APEX that think bangs Ditches LIKE a PIG haha I miss my NYTRO RTX., I also noticed that listenig to music seems to keep my adrennalin flowin ghaha. Any one Else??? If so what kind artists maybe i wanna make a plylist for when i get my NYTRO back

Yea That was put best Its good for another 5-15 mph haha that also means u hit the tree harder haha butat least ur rockin haha

Definitely listen to tunes while riding. Greatly enhances the experience, and can't be beat for those longer trail rides on railroad grades. I have a few different playlists for different kinds of riding (old school metallica, mudvayne, older korn-trails. Floyd, Moe, Dave for carving powder). Love it! Got some nifty headphones from helmetaudio.com that have a volume control just down from my helmet that allows me to turn the music down with my gloves on if I need to talk to someone at a stop sign. ;)!

But don't you miss the sound of birds and the wind in the trees if you're listening to music while you ride?

NORTHERNDOC Dave For carving sounds absolutly Amazing... Ill have to try it i noticed your from cadilac you ever ride down to the LOST PINES LODGE and Drag

Birds.... wind in the trees.... ha! Funny! Arnold8- Yeah, I do get over to Lost Pines on a pretty regular basis. I was by there Sat. night, but it was pretty late and not much goin' on. The fire over behind the Boone store was roaring though- lots of fun there... :)

Haha I bet it was..... HOpfully they can sell the Pines so its still there next year wish i had the money to buy it great market a little upgrades in the place and it would be a money maker

northerndoc said:
Definitely listen to tunes while riding. Greatly enhances the experience, and can't be beat for those longer trail rides on railroad grades. I have a few different playlists for different kinds of riding (old school metallica, mudvayne, older korn-trails. Floyd, Moe, Dave for carving powder). Love it! Got some nifty headphones from helmetaudio.com that have a volume control just down from my helmet that allows me to turn the music down with my gloves on if I need to talk to someone at a stop sign. ;)!

which speakers did you get from helmetaudio.com?

Here's the link- http://helmetaudio.com/khxc/index.p...ref=HS24&sid=61k9m6tjnna8auwlk4vsf2433vme4wo9.
I tend to be a little bit of an audiophile, so I am picky about how things sound- That being said, I am pretty impressed with the quality of the music that comes out of this setup considering cost. They have nice foam pads w/ velcro backing to stick to the inside of your helmet. The best feature is the little remote volume knob, beats the heck out of having to dig out your iPod every time you want to turn down the music to talk. I have used them in both my motocross style helmet where they are plenty loud enough to still hear, as well as my Mod 2- which is where they really shine. When it's all closed up and riding, it's like surround sound... ;)! The guy at helmetaudio.com is really great to deal with too- fast shipping and easy returns. The first pair I got started to have problems with one of the earpieces cutting out and he gave me a new pair- no questions asked. Check em out, you won't regret it.

i ordered the same set you have thanks for the review i have some now from parts unlimeted and they suck cant hear the music when running hard! hope these go loud enough

They should be loud enough. With my moto helmet, I usually have to have them turned up all the way, but you can hear the music well (sometimes a little TOO well). If you use a full-face, you're golden. Glad I could help. Music and sledding are like beer and boobs- by themselves, both are great, but together is heaven... ;)!

I have never tried it but why not just use a high quality earbud? I used to have a communicator system in my moto x helmet and dis-liked the cords & velcro etc.

Back