• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My fx with tunnel closed + +

sniperviper

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
At last my tunnel is closed, feels good :-o Sorry for low quality pics...

Attachments

• closed.JPG
    closed.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 163
  • gt deflectors.JPG
    gt deflectors.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 102
  • blue.JPG
    blue.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 113

Jepp I will. Just to take a trip right now. Temp is above freezeing point so I think it may be good conditions to test out any heat issues.

Back from driving some 50km with tunnel closed.

No heat issue of any kind. The plastic around muffler is not hot at all! No snow and ice on running board and no ice build up inside tunnel.
Didnt notice any drop in engine performance either.

Note: I have heat insulation taped inside of the plastic.

Some of you may say that I only have some 50 km on it closed and that its to early to tell but I cant see why the plastic would have melted if I have doubbled the distance.

I think this fix is exactly what yamaha will com up with.

I have 250 km on mine with tunnel closed, and no problems. This is by far the best way to fix the ice buildup problem.

Sounds good. I will install panels on mine soon. Don't think I will close the tunnel just yet. You are runnig the stock pipe? The running boards are REALLY starting to annoy me...

Yes stock pipe. I think the panels are a waste of money. Dont think they look good, expencive and thy only keep the water from spreading down on running boards. Ice build up in tunnel is the same with or without panels.

sniperviper said:
Yes stock pipe. I think the panels are a waste of money. Dont think they look good, expencive and thy only keep the water from spreading down on running boards. Ice build up in tunnel is the same with or without panels.
And thats your opinion.

I want to close my tunnel now and say to heck with the pannels if Yamaha isn't going to pay for them. What kind of store do I go to for a sheet of aluminum or whatever that is? What thickness do I ask for? Any specifics would help before I start asking around. Thanks.

these are side pannels i made myself out of 14 guage alum,im not closing tunnel yet.they work very well,theres also a sketch of how i made them,dont have to use it,its your choice

Attachments

• IMG_0839.JPG
    IMG_0839.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 108
  • lastscan.jpg
    lastscan.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 111
Yellowknife said:
I want to close my tunnel now and say to heck with the pannels if Yamaha isn't going to pay for them. What kind of store do I go to for a sheet of aluminum or whatever that is? What thickness do I ask for? Any specifics would help before I start asking around. Thanks.

My alu came from a guy who makes air ventilation system. 2mm thick.

100_2589.jpg

As you can see I might want to add the hole covering plate as well. I'm concerned about the heat cause everyone Keeps bringing it up. Let us know if it melts or blows up or what :Rockon:

WELL, all I can tell you is: the side panels work really well. No ice on running boards. I will wait until after this season to colse the tunnel. Will follow you guys closely to se if it really has no issues clising it of.
Please let us know if it causes any trouble for you.

Thanks, Ole Bull, Norway

Back