• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Spark plugs after 1 season with closed loop!

2¢ to share .... It is "snake oil" marketing.... And it's HP recovery from a onset issue.... Not a HP gain.... Stick with stock NGK iridium plug gapped appropriately to your setup..... Don't fall into the snake oil hype.... They will cause more issues than good.... But like everything else nowadays....people herd behind marketing sheppards.....
It's a placebo effect they engineered to sell more product....
Just send me the money you're planning on spending on multi ground strap plugs and I will message you every day telling you that you are making more power..... Lol
Cheers
Stock 998 NGK’s are not iridium sorry, and I’m not selling anything. So put China plugs in for all I care.

Obviously you haven’t spent time on the Dyno to verify any of what you speak. EK plugs cause no harm over stock single electrode plugs.

You must have never even seen a dual electrode NGK EK series plug because it certainly does not shroud the spark, quite the opposite in truth.

Cheers!

Stock 998 NGK’s are not iridium sorry, and I’m not selling anything. So put China plugs in for all I care.

Obviously you haven’t spent time on the Dyno to verify any of what you speak. EK plugs cause no harm over stock single electrode plugs.

You must have never even seen a dual electrode NGK EK series plug because it certainly does not shroud the spark, quite the opposite in truth.

Cheers!
I stand corrected.... My Z1 Turbo came with NGK 7692 iridium ....Standard copper core are current OEM.... However they are made in Japan not China..... This multi ground strap has been debated for 50+years.....still snake oil.!!!!!
You won't find a multi ground strap plug in a Huracan.... They use a NGK single strap iridium plug..... If multiple ground straps produce more power you would think supercars would have them..... Keep drinking the snake oil...
Cheers

Here's a buck..... It is pretty obvious that multi electrodes(ground straps) affect the MFB %...... Your dyno needs calibration....
Flame growth is impeded due to restrictions in flow paths.... Added electrode material....but if they make you feel more powerful..... Run them for all I care....
Cheers

Last edited:
I stand corrected.... My Z1 Turbo came with NGK 7692 iridium ....Standard copper core are current OEM.... However they are made in Japan not China..... This multi ground strap has been debated for 50+years.....still snake oil.!!!!!
You won't find a multi ground strap plug in a Huracan.... They use a NGK single strap iridium plug..... If multiple ground straps produce more power you would think supercars would have them..... Keep drinking the snake oil...
Cheers

Maybe you should dyno a set and let us know how big of a snake oil factor they are seeing should you like to debate the subject. Iridium electrodes last longer and that is why they are used in "supercars". Think the Hyper powered supercars want a bit more power or want them to last longer? Plugs are a consumable, and prone to fail they way some supercars get driven. If you go by what supercars run for plugs you are missing out. Typical with monkey see, monkey doo. EK plugs should be changed quickly or seasonally just like the E series of single electrode copper core plug.

Myself, I've tried the EK series on timers and the dyno, back to back to back. Every four-stroke snowmobile, turbo or NA we have ever put them in has shown a gain over single electrode spark plug on the timers or the dyno. Never ever has the EK dual electrode plug shown no gain or gone backwards, they have always shown a gain to the tune of almost 1 HP per cylinder. It's really quite simple. If you want to believe the EK plugs are "snake oil" then don't run them. Like I said, I could care less what you run. 2-3 HP is not a lot in a 3 or four cylinder machine, but none the less its quicker and better than indexing single electrode plugs and flat out produces more power, and I'm not talking about those E3 plugs or weird plugs. EK dual electrode vs. E single electrode, the EK will show a gain over single electrode because the flame kernel is exposed and promotes a quicker burn and flame front thus producing a bit more power production and push on the piston.

To say they are "snake oil" without ever using them or testing them is pure and simple ignorance.

The late Freddie Klies who owned Eastern Cycle Performance was the guy who turned us on to them back in the early RX-1 days. He ran them in the Pro-Stock bikes to start with, then tried to tell us how good they were in the 1000 RX-1. I too was very skeptical of them because to date we never found any gains on the dyno with different spark plugs or fancy ignition components. You either had a spark or you didn't, it either made power or mis-fired, but after trying the EK's we found out these goofy dual electrode plugs just flat out made more power, and to date is the only plug I've seen that is better than any other plug out there for actual power production without indexing.

Maybe you should dyno a set and let us know how big of a snake oil factor they are seeing should you like to debate the subject. Iridium electrodes last longer and that is why they are used in "supercars". Think the Hyper powered supercars want a bit more power or want them to last longer? Plugs are a consumable, and prone to fail they way some supercars get driven. If you go by what supercars run for plugs you are missing out. Typical with monkey see, monkey doo. EK plugs should be changed quickly or seasonally just like the E series of single electrode copper core plug.

Myself, I've tried the EK series on timers and the dyno, back to back to back. Every four-stroke snowmobile, turbo or NA we have ever put them in has shown a gain over single electrode spark plug on the timers or the dyno. Never ever has the EK dual electrode plug shown no gain or gone backwards, they have always shown a gain to the tune of almost 1 HP per cylinder. It's really quite simple. If you want to believe the EK plugs are "snake oil" then don't run them. Like I said, I could care less what you run. 2-3 HP is not a lot in a 3 or four cylinder machine, but none the less its quicker and better than indexing single electrode plugs and flat out produces more power, and I'm not talking about those E3 plugs or weird plugs. EK dual electrode vs. E single electrode, the EK will show a gain over single electrode because the flame kernel is exposed and promotes a quicker burn and flame front thus producing a bit more power production and push on the piston.

To say they are "snake oil" without ever using them or testing them is pure and simple ignorance.

The late Freddie Klies who owned Eastern Cycle Performance was the guy who turned us on to them back in the early RX-1 days. He ran them in the Pro-Stock bikes to start with, then tried to tell us how good they were in the 1000 RX-1. I too was very skeptical of them because to date we never found any gains on the dyno with different spark plugs or fancy ignition components. You either had a spark or you didn't, it either made power or mis-fired, but after trying the EK's we found out these goofy dual electrode plugs just flat out made more power, and to date is the only plug I've seen that is better than any other plug out there for actual power production without indexing.
Well I guess you follow the "monkey see monkey doo" mindset.
Do you honestly think supercar manufacturers care about plug longevity or claiming more HP... Headshake... It's all about power claims and not longevity.
Regardless, maybe you should provide some video evidence of your claims on a dyno.... And claiming that I haven't tried them is incorrect,which is purely and simply ignorant.... I have tried these (design) in my Buick GN back in 04.
So, if your riding your sled all season on a dyno to claim more power, drink the "snake oil" or if you want longevity on the trails and same power as the "snake oil plug".... You decide... Enjoy your day.
Cheers

Last edited:
Well on another plug subject.. When reinstalling whatever plug you choose, be sure to use some heater hose or a socket with some electric tape in the end so you "hold" the plug from falling out of socket into the plug hole and bending single/double electrode and changing your gap.

515B8zMit5L._AC_SL1035_.jpg

Well I guess you follow the "monkey see monkey doo" mindset.
Do you honestly think supercar manufacturers care about plug longevity or claiming more HP... Headshake... It's all about power claims and not longevity.
Regardless, maybe you should provide some video evidence of your claims on a dyno.... And claiming that I haven't tried them is incorrect, I have tried these (design) in my Buick GN back in 04.
So, if your riding your sled all season on a dyno to claim more power, drink the "snake oil" or if you want longevity on the trails and same power as the "snake oil plug".... You decide... Enjoy your day.
Cheers

Let's see if your as smart as a first grader or have even a hint of common sense. I know they say you shouldn't argue with an idiot on the internet but I just can't help it in this case, its kinda fun. This will be my last response to you however as you've proven to me to be one of those bar/internet kinda guys we all have run across.

Which plug design shrouds the spark more, and which plug opens the spark to the combustion chamber?
Which plug has the greater chance of increasing the flame front speed promoting more complete combustion quicker and thus making more power potential?

Which plug does the Petronas F1 team use for more power along with the Audi race teams, and they also use it in the more powerful production vehicles? Which plug is their preferred design? Here is a hint to help you out. One design exposes the spark to the compressed air fuel mixture without actually having to index it. Are you smart enough to guess which one? You have a 50/50 chance to guess which design here. I hope you can guess correctly! Study the pictures closely and compare.

There is also another reason racers index and grind back the single ground strap spark plugs and it has to do with exposing the spark to the chamber better for more power and a better complete burn, but that's for another topic.

Cheers

1. The dual ground electrode NGK EK series of plugs.

6F89ED93-3592-4497-B56E-B9E08AD2AA7A.jpeg

2. The single ground strap over the center electrode NGK E series of plug.

9B227205-6473-4879-99EC-502DA9955525.jpeg

Let's see if your as smart as a first grader or have even a hint of common sense. I know they say you shouldn't argue with an idiot on the internet but I just can't help it in this case, its kinda fun. This will be my last response to you however as you've proven to me to be one of those bar/internet kinda guys we all have run across.

Which plug design shrouds the spark more, and which plug opens the spark to the combustion chamber?
Which plug has the greater chance of increasing the flame front speed promoting more complete combustion quicker and thus making more power potential?

Which plug does the Petronas F1 team use for more power along with the Audi race teams, and they also use it in the more powerful production vehicles? Which plug is their preferred design? Here is a hint to help you out. One design exposes the spark to the compressed air fuel mixture without actually having to index it. Are you smart enough to guess which one? You have a 50/50 chance to guess which design here. I hope you can guess correctly! Study the pictures closely and compare.

There is also another reason racers index and grind back the single ground strap spark plugs and it has to do with exposing the spark to the chamber better for more power and a better complete burn, but that's for another topic.

Cheers

1. The dual ground electrode NGK EK series of plugs.

View attachment 163181

2. The single ground strap over the center electrode NGK E series of plug.

View attachment 163182
Obviously we touched a button that revealed your level of maturity by resorting to name calling.Though not crushed by them, you are fielding your frustrated life through them. Your dialed back in time, as your keyboard tactics of wisdom are dried up. Retire your antics, they do nothing for you or your previous accomplishments.
Multi ground strap delay flame growth and create increased heat loss due to strap area.
But curious to see if you would post some dyno video of your findings to educate me.... As I am as smart as a first grader.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Cheers

Last edited:
I'm not sure if they have tried them. I just know that every four-stroke small engine we have put them in have picked up 2-3 HP. You'd only see that on a good engine dyno like Hurricane has. We've run them on all the NA sleds and even the turbo RX-1's and Apexs. The 1200 Doo comes with them factory installed. We have tried lots of things on the dyno, and the dual electrode plugs are the only spark plug I've ever seen make power. It's not much but when you need 2-3 HP there you are. People spend thousands to increase power, and it doesn't get much easier than the EK line of plugs.
I'm willing to give them a try. Can't seem to find them locally though.

I get mine from a Canadian spark plug online dealer from Quebec. Thats all they sell.

I'm willing to give them a try. Can't seem to find them locally though.
I just got them from my local part store. NAPA /Car Quest. In Ontario, no problem.

Back