• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My parts update

NytroRonnie

Veteran
Just thought I would update you on the parts that I have added to the sled and how it went.

SKIS-put on the Slydog powder (CAMO-black, white, grey) hounds with 6" carbides. With some patience and a hammer, it went ok. Washer had a gap on the left side but I took skis off and remounted them and no gap! Funny.
AIRBOX/PLUGS-Added hurricane airbox and NGK 10's plugs! Plugs were a breeze but that airbox removal is a pain in the ARSE-you have to remove the whole steering assembly and disconnect the shaft-Dave at Hurricane has been EXTREMELY helpful and patient with me-but that's not the issue-it's just too much work for not much gain. I would never do it again! Of course-I haven't ridden her yet so maybe I will feel the difference but I highly doubt it.
MPRP muffler/OFT tunnel block off-no problems here. Everything went on smoothly-started her up to make sure plugs fired and exhaust didn't leak. It all worked great. Gave her a couple throttle blips-at idle-no louder than stock-little gas and she's a little louder. Doesn't sound extremely loud (like some of you say on this site). Sound is subjective though. OFT plate looks great-fits like a glove.
WINDSHIELD BAG-fits in nicely with valcro and tape. Should be able to put my registration and other goodies in there so I am happy I put it on.
CHROME LOW WINDSHIELD/WHITE VENT COVERS-purely cosmetic-all went on great-except did you know those windshield screws are plastic-broke one-what a joke!!!

Have a great Christmas everyone!

Forgot-big thanks to my buddy MNMAN who encouraged me to get all this stuff and then didn't help me install it! Thanks buddy! I hope I like it!

Here she is...nothing like alot of you have but she's mine!

Attachments

• nytro (361x640).jpg
    nytro (361x640).jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 2012-12-20_12-17-34_788 (358x640).jpg
    2012-12-20_12-17-34_788 (358x640).jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 74

Back