• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My Phazer Burnt to a pile of ashes this weekend

cannondale27 said:
I think the manifold is the weak spot and should be welded on the plate where it mounts to head but If worried about the flex joints why not just put these right over the top of them for a extra layer of security........

thoes look exactly like the flex joints that mc express gives insted of the accordion style that comes stock. i dont think there would be enough room under that cookie sheet heat shield but one could try.

Some of the heat shield material on mine had come off because of a loose clamp rubbing it. Someone hadn't tightened it to spec and it fell off :o|
I didn't replace the heat shield as I saw no signs of overheating in any place regarding the tank.
The reason I luckily discovered this was that I was going to replace bad heat wrapping that had disintegrated and clogged the air filter.
The engine hadn't run very good for some time.
Now it's a completely different power experience :Rockon:

eksos4.jpg

Now it looks like this
varmesurring.jpg

mine burnt to last weekend

Attachments

• 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 123
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 131
cannondale27 said:
I think the manifold is the weak spot and should be welded on the plate where it mounts to head but If worried about the flex joints why not just put these right over the top of them for a extra layer of security.Could go right over the clamps even with a long enough one.

http://turboaddictionparts.com/catalog/ ... 958882caee

I use thouse in my car replacing my catalytic converter. My headed and proformance exsast hang a lttle lower then stock, so to stop possablily of braking when hitting the road or something. I use thoue flex joint on spots its most likly to hit.

The flex joint is exhaust gas pressured, so when the flex break hot gasses will flow out of it. That's why the fire started.

my phazer caught fire too it also has an MCX turbo kit but that is not the problem. stock fuel pressure regulator crapped out ,ran lean melted off flex joint & heat shield i was lucky twice before i put a fuel pressure guage on it and found the problem also hav three steel heat shields on it now with space between each and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. still having nothing but grief since the fire but the pipes dont run red hot anymore. mine didnt show any signs of trouble either just ran a little funny & slowly lost boost till i noticed fire & got it out. turbo kit is not the problem stock ones catch fire to because of the regulator. I think yamaha should be doing doo dillagence on theyre part and maybe replacing some sleds before someone gets burnt with their sled & facing a big lawsuit you hearin this yamaha cause i'm pissed too.

teerex said:
Some of the heat shield material on mine had come off because of a loose clamp rubbing it. Someone hadn't tightened it to spec and it fell off :o|
I didn't replace the heat shield as I saw no signs of overheating in any place regarding the tank.
The reason I luckily discovered this was that I was going to replace bad heat wrapping that had disintegrated and clogged the air filter.
The engine hadn't run very good for some time.
Now it's a completely different power experience :Rockon:

eksos4.jpg

Now it looks like this
varmesurring.jpg

it was tightened to specs. your doughnuts need to be replaced

Yes the donut should have been replaced but surprisingly it looked OK.
But I guess I will dismantle these parts before next season anyway to inspect.
Maybe install a temperature sensor of some type for warning of melting point temperatures on the heat shield.

Back