• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My RX1 is loading up

4Fighter

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'07 Attak GT
If I stop and let it idle for a few minutes, then take off, I can't get past 45 MPH because it boggs and stumbles for about the first 1/4 to 1/2 mile :evil: then clears-up . A little help please?

I have a similar problem, and also hard to start when hot. I just installed carb heat (coolant) shutoff. Hopefully this will take care of the problem.

About 300 miles on them. This is the third set in 1600 miles. Like I said, it runs good after a while.

The other thing you've got to do is open the choke completely as soon as the sled starts on the first start of the day..... even if it runs rough for a couple of minutes while it's warming up.

Agree , the RX requires very little choke ,even when it's very cold . After the 1st start of the day I've never needed it again , 20 below and all . Man, 3rd set of plugs !!! That would start to bend me out of shape.

Yes these sleds don't like the choke on very long at all.When I start mine I slowly start moving the choke off it does kind of stumble but it will stay running and I too have never had to choke it after the first start of the day.

First start of the day, I give it full chocke. Then I back it off so it idles at 1500 for 30 sec then reduce it so it barely idles for a minute then I close the choke and let it idle to light stops flashing. Still on the same set of plugs after 2500 miles and never had any problems starting either warm or cold. When it's warm I sometimes have to crack throttle a little.

I had a similiar problem, after I had mine in the heated garage,thawing the ice off the skid.It bogged on me a few times and cleared up.I believe the problem may have been condesation in the fuel tank.I have not had a problem since.

I to have the same problem. When I try and start it when it is warm I got to keep the throttle to the bar till it gets going and its loaded up with quite a bit of fuel. I was thinking of changing the piolet jets cause I only have this problem in warm weather.

Back