• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My rx1 mtn project

Spray ckeck out snowwest (performance modified Dec 7th) rx1 pictures, friend posted some pictures of my sled. I will post on here soon. :lol:

WOW that is a work of art. I'm jealous.

The only thing I see missing is the charge tube from the turbo :)

Looks sweet how much ya into if you don't mind me asking and what kind of weight saving you predicting? Where the heck did ya find a carbon fiber tunnel can you send the website if available?
Thanks

Diamond Drive thinks they are going to compete against THAT, for weight reduction and $$$????
Dude, that's beautiful.

The tunnel was made here in Chelan Wa. by a friend of mine, Evans Marine and Snomobile. He got into carbon fiber working and racing unlimited hyros, hes driving the piston powered one that won 3 races last year. This is his second year making tunnels and is producing them for Tyson and Outlaw Hoods. He is also making custom sleds.
This is a 159 rx1 tunnel the first and only one made right now. He can make them in any lenghth though.
Price ?? not sure yet, we dicussed a price at first ,but had to make some changes to the mold. I've been helping so price will be fare(maybe better if he could sell more)I'll let you know.
Will post some more pictures as its being assembled soon.
Weight loss is a guess right now but bare tunnel weighed around 11 pounds.
Hoping to lose 100 -- 125 pounds total ( diidn't go with the lightest battery)
Thanks for posting pictures !!

No turbo ,at least this year, money is running short and wife would like me to spend the rest going to Priest Lake on new years and Mcall at least once in Feb.

Pinball that looks really nice! Is the carbon fiber expected to be stronger and stiffer than an aluminum tunnel?

Pinball nice job,can't wait to hear how it runs and is there a saying that every 7lbs lost is 1hp gained?something like that.

Wow! where do I start ,from the parking lot to around 7500 feet the sled never missed a lick. We were running in about 2 foot of fluf on the trail with a soft but slick base underneath (mostly trail ride today). The engine braking was almost gone,maybe it was more of a weight issue than engine braking. The tunnel looked sweet and if the sound of the exhaust didn't start the talking and gauking by people we rode by the tunnel did. Started with silver springs ,k&n filters and 160 jets,temp was in upper 20s, checked the plugs the first mile and then every two or three running around 6000 rpm to 10200
down the trail. Throttle response was awsome plugs were light tan , it ran so good I never changed jets or springs but may try down the rode when we can get off trail alittle more.
Running 10 tooth anti rachet drivers, 2.14 gear ratio belt drive rolled down 1 inch back 2 inches, mountain perforfance skid , billet rails , 8 in. big wheel kit,mp transfer kit, 159 track, polaris secondary. It was so smooth from start to stop that you could barly feel the up and back shifts. It pulled really hard 6000rpm to 8500rpm on the trail or climbing a few hills we played on. From 8500 up it just wouldn,t slow down. Left a couple of new revs stuck up to their seats tring to follow me in my tracks.

I was really impressed with the steering . 41 inch arm kit from holts, mp lightweight spindles,powder pro skis, no sway bar.

All in all my first ride was :eek: :D 8) now I can settle down and start fine tunning a few things. Thanks for letting me brag a little.

Back