• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My second time on my new 2010 XTX

yamaxtx

It started off on Saturday morning by Saturday night I was junk and went down hilll from there. On sunday I was popin advils out of style 380 miles total all trail riding. I put on brand new 5.7 what a diffrence but the handling was still junk. I actually had a buddy of mine that runs an ski doo xp get on my sled for a while he could not believe how it handled like junk. So today I will be adjusting all the suspension. I pray to god I can tune it. After riding his Ski Doo I hope I made the right choice.

Listen I am not stating that Yamaha is junk I think they are superior to most brands. I have a Grizzly 700 that I bought 2 years ago would not trade that thing for anything else. In my post I stated that its a suspension issue that has to be tweaked which I will hopefully workout. I know for a fact that am not the only one here with issues with XTX. So as riding goes on I will be tweaking until I am satisfied. But the current settings do not work for me, my buddy and probaly anyone else that rides it.

Take a step back and tell us what is wrong and what the sled is doing before you start calling it junk....

I think he was saying the handling was junk, not the item itself. I understand what your say, as stated by other memebers, tell us what it is doing, and will tell you what and how to fix it. My 08 RTX was a handfull when I bought it, took a lot of time and some playing to fix it. Now, would I sell it? Hell yes, but not because it dosn't handle right, I want more power!

Took a step back and looked to see where I said the sled was junk please advise. I said the handling is junk and I was junk. But will be tweaking the suspension to make it all better hopefully.

yooper1 said:
I think he was saying the handling was junk, not the item itself. I understand what your say, as stated by other memebers, tell us what it is doing, and will tell you what and how to fix it. My 08 RTX was a handfull when I bought it, took a lot of time and some playing to fix it. Now, would I sell it? Hell yes, but not because it dosn't handle right, I want more power!

Thanks Yooper1

yooper1 said:
Before you start changing things, what is it doing? is it darting? what is your weight? etc...

Darting was basically eliminated. Bumps were to harsh and the cornering was a task. 265 Lbs

yamaxtx said:
Darting was basically eliminated. Bumps were to harsh and the cornering was a task.

I have not played with the Nytro suspension but when my RX-1 was rough on the bumps up front and very hard to turn, I loosened the front spring collars so that they are barely touching the springs when the front of the sled is up in the air free hanging and then I INCREASED weight transfer with the rear suspension so it would take some weight off the skis.

The sled handles great now, it's easier to turn and I can run 60-70mph over the small moguls without a ton of feedback through the arms to tire you out.

Do you have Fox Float front shocks?

RedRocket said:
yamaxtx said:
Darting was basically eliminated. Bumps were to harsh and the cornering was a task.

I have not played with the Nytro suspension but when my RX-1 was rough on the bumps up front and very hard to turn, I loosened the front spring collars so that they are barely touching the springs when the front of the sled is up in the air free hanging and then I INCREASED weight transfer with the rear suspension so it would take some weight off the skis.

The sled handles great now, it's easier to turn and I can run 60-70mph over the small moguls without a ton of feedback through the arms to tire you out.

Do you have Fox Float front shocks?

Stock Fronts

I love the way my sled was set up from the dealer! It took 150 or so to get comfortable with the new style chassis. The hardest part was learning to get though a corner with the front on the ground...

we have, i believe, the same sled and about the same weight. i'm headed out to the garage to take some measurements.. maybe we can do some comparisons..

My xtx is awesome , all it needs over stock is pull the front limiters 1 hole , close up the dampening on front shocks then , come six out , open the rebound all the way out !!!!!! Presto a great ride !!!!!!!!! RIDE IT LOV IT !!!!!!!!

THEN ADD THE SC AND SMILE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back