• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My yamadoo... and its new turbo and fueling(propane)

Ski-Dooin' it

Expert
I built the sled last year, its an 05 ski-doo RT chassis with a 162.. has an 03 rx1 motor with a homebuilt sidemount turbo running 10-12# of boost on pump gas. I had lots of little issues with it, but found it was a VERY fun sled, i just wanted to change some of the things I didnt like about it.

I am currently working on my midmount header, the legs are only 6" long. so it should spool like a SOB. just takes time and im a busy fool workin in the summer.

also I am converting the sled to run on propane with some help from the toyota truck world. Its a relatively straight forward venture, I just need to save a few bucks to buy the parts and get it started. I chose propane as its easy to get, its cheap ($2.30 locally right now), has high octane value(bigger boost) and it also acts like fuel injection so I can run the sled on its side/upside down now.

I will post pictures later, there is a lot left to do and most of my build and pictures are on snowest, but I figured I would throw some up on here as it is a yammi!! :yam:

alright, and some pics of things as they get along, the header needs to be finish welded, but that doesnt happen until I visit my welder come sept 1st. until then it just sits. Also trying to pinch pennies to buy all my propane parts. getting my exaust back into the old tunnel dump hole is going to be interesting....
and first a picture of my spacious shop.. NOT!! it works thought.

CIMG0491.jpg

CIMG0499.jpg

CIMG0501.jpg

CIMG0504.jpg

I am really looking forward to your propan conversion. I really have respect for your "hardworking low budget" approch. And most of all - doing all the fab work yourself. Boost on - ride safe:)

yeah, i have an addiction, and dont have a budget, so its what works, and its really cool to know your way around how it all works, as when you have a propblem, you can figure it out, I did a lot of learning last year, but I feel like I should be miles ahead this year, I got a lot of little bugs worked out and dealing with them, now im just creating some new ones with the propane!!

I will get my propane kit done up and see how it works, but If its not to terrible hard to do I might work on trying to get some others to jump ship, its cool stuff, and a GREAT alternative to race fuel, and for carb guys, running upside down.

Well, a little later.. Finaly got some parts, and things put somewhat together.

Here are a few pictures, I got my tanks in, not mounted for now, just sitting in place, hollowed out the stock seat, not a WHOLE lot of seat left, its a bit firm, but once the tanks are painted black, and a little bit of more meshing/trim work, they should be pretty sneaky. I also have my propane carb and regulator, but they dont look like much until I get a little more done up for them to be installed.

I redid my motor mounts, nothing super photo worthy, BUT, they are a LOT stronger, and dont flex when yanked on with the pry bar. SO I am excited to run them this year, and hopefully the motor stays in place.

also... with tanks/fittings etc. I MIGHT be into the whole deal around $600... so im really excited about that, its simple off the shelf parts mostly. Just slight application changes.

CIMG0531.jpg

CIMG0531.jpg

CIMG0536.jpg

where's the burners...how many burgers, steaks and hotdogs can she cook

Back