• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need a little direction - electrical issue

mysledblows

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder, mcx phazer, phazer, apex
Went to move the old apex around this weekend and had an issue. Hit the key and it fired right up but then promptly died like I hit the kill switch. Go to fire it back up and have nothing. No gauge, fuel pump, crank. It's like I pulled the battery. Haven't dug into it yet other than a voltmeter on the battery leads and have plenty of juice there. Ideas??? Ground blocks? That funky looking green fuse? Or ? Thanks

try the fuse block and check also at the solenoid for corrosion. few guys had them full of green corrosion last season. then i would check the relays for the same.

let us know what you find as i have a few more places for you to check if not these.

Any mice poooopies in there?
If so, look for chewed wires in the most remote areas.
If not, see above posts...

Thanks guys. Need it to cool off a little or get ac in the shop before I'm going to wrestle it out of the trailer. Will keep you posted and if anyone has the "I had the same issue and here's what it is" solution don't be shy about posting it up.

Update - after chasing my tail with this one for 2 seasons, ground blocks, cleaning, looking, testing, I finally broke down and put a whole new stator system in it and it seems to have solved all the electrical issues I was having.

Last edited:

Back