• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Air shock or air pump problems

What model & year of machine do you have. Once I find that out I will try to buy the pump you have.
Mine is the 2016 Apex xtx le 1.75, mine came with the regular shock and Yamaha gave me the updated shock, this is the style pump it came with.

What model & year of machine do you have. Once I find that out I will try to buy the pump you have.
Mine is the 2016 Apex xtx le 1.75, mine came with the regular shock and Yamaha gave me the updated shock, this is the style pump it came with.
Can you take a pic of that pump? Never saw a selectable one. Mine has 2 guages one on front and one on back. Digital one battery died within a month or two and not replaceable.
Not very good at posting pics, but the pump I have has 2 pumping rams, the regular one is suited for 1-5 psi increases, when you unlock the ring a bigger ram comes out of the pump and you can pump a much higher volume of air a lot faster, you can reach up to 300psi in no time.

If you dont push pump handle all the way in till it bottoms you will never get that high of pressure. It sucks and will give you a heck of a workout. Any shocks that come through me I can fill Air Chamber with Nitrogen to whatever pressure you want. Kind of defeats a good feature of the floats though. A hot shock means its working hard. The heat expands the air in it and makes it stiffer. Thats good since you want it stiffer if your riding it hard and softer if taking it easy. The air expansion and contraction does that. Nitrogen will not do that since temp will not effect it.

When ptting air into this shock I will always push the handle all the way in till it bottoms. The Air pump came with the machine & the updated shock. This air pump only has 1 gauge which is located on the top of the pump.

Not very good at posting pics, but the pump I have has 2 pumping rams, the regular one is suited for 1-5 psi increases, when you unlock the ring a bigger ram comes out of the pump and you can pump a much higher volume of air a lot faster, you can reach up to 300psi in no time.
I want one! Cant locate it.

When ptting air into this shock I will always push the handle all the way in till it bottoms. The Air pump came with the machine & the updated shock. This air pump only has 1 gauge which is located on the top of the pump.
Yea thats not right. Should be two or better yet 20/80's pump!

Here. One side is 300psi and other is 100psi
C079460C-7A8B-40F1-A68A-89E99A957160.jpeg
584DC098-94E3-40BB-AE93-84B19AD7DF16.jpeg

Or google Fox dual stage air pump with bleed

This pump that I have is for thr updated shock This pump's gauge is on top of pump with 1 face only showing up to 300lbs. This is for a 2018 Vector. I have looked around but cannot find a pump with a high or low pressure knob.
Me either. But I ordered one 20/80 said does. Description does not say it has a high or low knob. Will let you know when I get it.

I had same problem when I got the updated shock installed on my 2016 Apex the pump that came with the sled would not get passed 250 asked the dealer to show me how to pump this passed 250 couldn’t do it either so they went and got a digital pump hooked it up pumped it right to 300 psi with no problem so I bought the digital pump never had a problem since

I had same problem when I got the updated shock installed on my 2016 Apex the pump that came with the sled would not get passed 250 asked the dealer to show me how to pump this passed 250 couldn’t do it either so they went and got a digital pump hooked it up pumped it right to 300 psi with no problem so I bought the digital pump never had a problem since

Thank's for sharing that information. Do yo have a part no. for that pump or a picture. What was the price of the pump.

My battery died as well was very easy to replace see picture that the one I got

Attachments

• FD990127-FB00-4BA2-ADA4-A6A378A7F220.png
    FD990127-FB00-4BA2-ADA4-A6A378A7F220.png
    175.2 KB · Views: 93

Back