• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need advice on removing starter

Cannondale....

Oil does have to come out of the enmgine in order to drop the front frame.

I want to say it's a total of eleven bolts for the tube chassis (not counting the 3 radiator and 3 Air box) They are really easy as they are on the side plates....

Pull the 'E' clip off of the steering post under the airbox and expose the splined connection. Remove the pinch bolt and pry up (steering will be removed)

I've done mine 4 or 5 times now and it really takes about 30-45 min to get it all apart....

Thats exactly what I did.That linkage is the problem that forces you to remove airbox and everything else to get at it.Oil tank itself also covers one bolt.Like I said for starter removal yes definitely remove whole front but for just changing oil there is no way that it is quicker removing the front end.

However by flipping one bolt on steering linkage I believe I would be able to remove front end WITHOUT removing headlight,airbox and related which comes off normally to change oil.If this works front end removal would be faster for a oil change.

Back