• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need For Speed

Thanks Hough...I didn't get a chance to call Allen at Ulmer Racing today but he's on my call list tomorrow to get me matched up with the proper clutch. I got all the mods through him so he should know what I need. The next step will be installing the clutch and i'm scared...Never done a sled clutch before...Plenty of bikes but that's a different animal.
Anyone know what my target rpm should be with these mods?

billymx815 said:
Thanks Hough...I didn't get a chance to call Allen at Ulmer Racing today but he's on my call list tomorrow to get me matched up with the proper clutch. I got all the mods through him so he should know what I need. The next step will be installing the clutch and i'm scared...Never done a sled clutch before...Plenty of bikes but that's a different animal.
Anyone know what my target rpm should be with these mods?

no problem...

it would be a great idea to get a service manual so you have all the info and step by step directions with torque specs...

also if you dont have a clutch puller you will need one which ulmer should be able to send you with your clutch kit...

FYI, there are several different ways to get the clutch off but the best way i have found is remove clutch bolt, put a small amount of grease on the end of the puller, just a thin coat, then tip the sled on its side so clutch is tipped up, pour some water into the clutch bolt hole. (it wont take much) slowly insert and screw in clutch puller and the clutch will pop right off once it gets almost tight...

the water will not compress and it easily forces the clutch off... some ppl say to use grease instead of water but why make a huge mess to clean up...

You don't need a clutch puller to install Allen's kit........ His instructions are awesome... Not hard at all...

only problem i see, is Yamaha(JMO), you are trying to match or beat a skidoo stock?(i take it). Stock nytro's need more HP. Hopefully we see better HP in the future. wishful thinking...

I'm skeptical on the port & polish until the sled is truely broken in. With only 272 miles on the sled I know I haven't seen it's true potential yet.
I will probably go boost if the sled doesn't come alive with the current mods.

Scheidl said:
only problem i see, is Yamaha(JMO), you are trying to match or beat a skidoo stock?(i take it). Stock nytro's need more HP. Hopefully we see better HP in the future. wishful thinking...

Just go away troll...

billymx815 said:
I'm skeptical on the port & polish until the sled is truely broken in. With only 272 miles on the sled I know I haven't seen it's true potential yet.
I will probably go boost if the sled doesn't come alive with the current mods.

You don't need that...

Scheidl said:

TOOL!

Scheidl said:

I've beaten some fast Rev 800's with my FX Nytro plenty of times, never lost to a single one yet, and I've beaten and traded wins with newer XP 800R's as well, short tracks and Gades. :-o

Sounds like I should be able to pull the Doo 800 everytime fairly easily goung by everyones comments.
Does anyone have a guess to the speeds I should be pulling?

800 Gades are not fast. With cr10ek's and clutching from ulmer I never lost a race to my bud's 07 800. Top end is better on the nytro. You need to break it in and it's ready for a beating at 200 miles. You need lots of long studs to hook that thing up.

cwcsrx700...Thanks bud...I'm feeling more and more confident that my ride can give my buddies a race. For some reason I thought the 800 Gades had 140-150HP and with our Nytro's at 130-135HP and heavier we would get dusted...No so fast from what I'm hearing though!!!

Your motor is more like 138+ and the DOO is about 140-142. But with your mods you are about 150... Like Everyone said.. It's time to start riding it hard and once you hit about 700+ miles, then you will feel it come alive... Clutching and gearing is key... IMO, you could probbaly beat him with just clutching and gearing with no other mods.... Good luck...

Back