• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need help 2009 nytro xtx

great thanks for the info I am new to a sled with a charger on it . So all info on that helps .

Sorry I can't be of more help with the misfire.
Maybe you could run it stock, without the GEMS, and have the sc belt off?
Just for a test run.

I will try that in the morning and see if it runs any different. Thanks for the idea

If it ran fine on your last pass across the lake then started sputtering, its not clutching, belt, or driveline bearings so save your efforts. Its probably not revving up because something has changed that is affecting AFRs. Sorry but you are swinging in the dark without an AFR gauge. Id suggest looking for an obvious mechanical boost or vacuum leak caused by something that popped off when you chopped the throttle closed after your blast across the lake and it saw a spike in boost. Start with seeing if the throttle bodies blew out of the boots on the cylinder head, etc. Might be as it revs up the boost is separating them. Seen that in turbos as a result of running without a BOV.

I am going to go thru the intake boots tonight and Look for leaks or broken lines or fittings I will revise in the morning, Thanks for the help .

Check the boost reference hose to the GEMS is still intact. If it popped off or got a hole in it, the controller wont know to add fuel and AFR will lean out as RPMs come up.

Ok just check that and it is hooked up with no holes that I can see . , what parts are removed from the stock set up if I want to get rid of this s.c ? Is it just the air box assembly? Or is there more that I would need to purchase?

So Everything looks great on the s.c as far as the connections and gaskets and boots , I took the belt off the charger and took the gems control out and it runs great now besides the clutching being to heavy. I will try a good fuel pump from my buddy’s sled tomorrow with the s.c belt back on and the controller

Process of elimination. If the misfire / sputter is alleviated and it rev's up past 6400 rpm being loaded (without GEMS and SC air box on), then that points towards an AFR / fueling or air flow gremlin under boost. Again, and AFR gauge would be a helpful tool...
For some reason it's appears to not be adding additional fuel to match the boost, if so then have to eliminate if it's a fuel pressure (pump) issue or a GEMS controller boost sensing issue.

Last edited:
Well that puts you in between. I'd have no problem running good premium.
I ran 2 seasons with 26b/28t, zero issues which is 170hp.
You should be 175ish
28/28 is 180

I am interested, what is boost pressure at say 8800 and 9000 rpms on the 26b/28t. I was wanting to get mine installed and riding quick before adding boost and a/f guages later after the season is done. Want it to be 91 octane safe

Ok so I changed the fuel pump and hooked the s.c back up and put the gem controller on . And same thing happens at 6400 , so I took the gem controller out and left the s.c belt on and it runs great past 6400 with out the gem so am I fighting a bad controller ?

Is the GEMS controller working there should be some lights on. I'm not a fan of MPI'S product they should of used a power commander instead of that stupid gems controller. Your kinda screwed now there out of business and there is nobody to service there product. I would contact Allen from Ullmer Racing he is the only person I know of right now that knows anything about these mpi kits. He may have a power commander you could get from him in place of the GEMS controller. You can richen up your map on the GEMS controller maybe some how the map that's in the controller got messed up seems to me it's going lean on you when you get to 6400 rpms. Did you get the instructions for the controller when you bought it. I hate to say it but I would take it back to Hauck and have Casey look at it if he still there.

The gem lights up and all functions seem to work but with it plugged in I can’t go over the 6400 and with out it goes just fine . I called Hauck and there going to talk to Casey and see what I can do , I will buy something different if I have to I just don’t know what I can use so I’m a bit lost .

Runs fine building boost without the GEMS hooked up? Dont do that too many times, risk a burn down..
But kind points that maybe GEMS is adding too much fuel for some reason? Maybe the internal pressure boost sensor is crapped out...
Not sure on the GEMS but the Dobek controllers the lights change as it roll through the RPM fuel modes, indicating it's sensing a change in fuel requirements. Maybe can look at the controller while trying to rev it up on the jack stand?
GET AN AFR GAUGE ASAP

Last edited:

Back