• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need help adjusting my sled after first ride

Snoxracer242

Expert
Ok just got back from my first ride this year and not really happy. We have had about 5" of snow and then today we had a little rain and now it is snowing really good, about 3 inches tonight.

Well frist thing is I don't remember this thing ever trying to pitch me over the bars, if you would break thru the snow the skis would just turn and I felt like I was going for a ride. I didnt know if it was the snow condition or what, and yes I am running the stock skis.

QUESTION, what skis work the best?

Next, this one makes me still up set= LEFT FOOT IS SOAKED! :o| And that is with YAMAHA's great guard that puts all left foot wetness to an end. LOL!

QUESTION, what is needed to fix this? And don't tell me boots, I have rode sled for years and have never watched water drip onto my feet like this sled.

Last the hand warmers, did I say that right? Warmers? They are about the most piss poor excuse I have ever seen for something they call warmers.

QUESTION, is there anything being done about this? And not a jimmy rig set up?

Thanks and hope that I didn't say anything to bad,

Dustin

Oh did I say I like the motor! :Rockon:

What kind of sled is it??

do a search and scan the page most of your questions have been beat to death you will find pages to read for days

I feel your pain with the ski's!! After too many turns with the ski's pointed left an me continuing straight I decided I had enough lol. I went with C&A ADX with a 10" shaper bar which solved the whole sterring issue. Its a little tuff to turn but it goes where I want it to. Left wet foot has not been an issue for me I have no idea why but maybe because I have a skid plate it closes the gaps where snow was getting in. Hand warmers I can't help you with either.I wear the Yammy Team gloves and my hands still sweat they feel the same as my Viper warmers did. I often wonder if guys are wearing to thick of gloves and the heat doesn't transfer since the gloves are so thick.

first ride

Last year I put prefilter material over all cowel vents with hot glue never have had a wet foot.

I also used pre filter on vents and truck cap foam on any little holes I found. I went with Simmons skis and love it. They are not hard to turn and no darting. I have the handguard covers coming to help with keeping cold air off hands. Pre filter and skis worked last year in all conditions.
Dave

Back