• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need HELP... Apex wont rev!

ErikS

Hi, Im new to the site, guess i ever really needed to much help, my sled has always run so well... I have an 07 Apex 162"- exhaust, boondocker nitrous, and a few other odds and ends, my issue is my sled starts fine, idles fine, but wont rev up, it just sputters, almost like a rev limiter but at mid range. The kicker is if i remove my airbox lid, it runs like a top... perfect, runs as it always has. but the minute I put that lid back on, its almost as if its pulling a vacuum on the lid, starving the engine of air, and wont rev. I replaced my plugs, bypassed TORS, and checked all associated lines to a from my airbox for kinks or breaks. Any help would be greatly appriciated!

thanks

erik :nos

i have had the airbox out numerous times... i guess I forgot to add in my previous message, that I had the bottom of my air box cut out by a local "mod guy" ha ha and i think he did nothing but mess things up, i had to cover the hole up with duct tape on a previous trip... could this be my issue?

I would take the tape off and test it for any improvments. How did opening up the bottom of the air box cause problems?

Too much snow was the problem... We were in 4ft of fresh snow in Valemount B.C. So i taped everything up... Problem is, I dont know what the bottom of the air box origianally looked like so i covered everything up where it was cut out... Does the factory box intake air from the bottom?

K well i will try that when i get home... but now that the bottom of my airbox is destroyed from being cut off, do you have any suggestions to what I can do to prevent snow intake into my airbox?

and thanks for all the help!

It depends on how much was removed. If you could post a pic it would be easier to give you a recommendation on what you could do or if you need to do anything at all. My air box is opened and the sled breaths better improving performance. If the opening turns out to be ok you will just have to add fuel to compensate for the extra air flow and everything should be good.

ok, i never had time to take a pic, and of course im stuck at work again and this is eating me up... can someone post a pic of the bottom of their factory non modified airbox??? thanks in advance to whoever can help me with this.

That pic is from the inside, on the bottom on the outside in that area there is a plastic duct that hangs down a few inches.

IMG_2033-2.jpg

Wow Perfect! Thanks so much... like i said before, I never seen the bottome before it was altered... All my problems are solved.... I owe ya!

Back