• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need help finding belt guard

irdymha

I found a belt guard online earlier on this summer and i cant seem to track it down again. it mounted underneath the clutches and was supposed to help the "wet left foot" problem. if anybody has one i would love to hear a review on it and if they are worth getting. any info will help. thanks.

What year is your Nytro?

There was a plate on my '09 that I removed after reading on here that in the event of a blown belt it could take out the clutches.

I wear Klim boots, no more wet foot!

Thats good to hear. I was just sending my rear shock in to them today and indicated on the form I wanted to order one of these belt guards too.

I blew my belt last year on a lake and it did a nice little number on the stock plate that is in there. The belt started to blow when I was doing about 145km, but didn't actually blow till I was on another lake doing about 70km/h.

are you talking the aluminum bent/kinked plate that blocks the foot well? I know 08 didn't have one on them, cause I bought one from a newer model part number at my dealer and atttatched it to my 08 rtx when I had her.

Ya thats the one. Problem is the yamaha one does not go the length of the belt so it could blow out the plastics where it does not cover. Mine kinked up quite a bit more, and I have to bend it back in place.

Back