• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need help quick!! filling and checking oil.

Phazed

Pro
Ok, i dont have my manual and im doing my 500 mile oil change . Im getting ready to head north but i need to get my sled back together!!! 2 questions.

1.) I fill the oil through the plug on the top of the engine, right?

2.)When checking the level, do you screw the dipstick all the way in, or just set it on top.

Thanks!!

spec. is 2.45 litre, 2.63 if you changed the oil filter, tank holds 2l, your manual should have this info

drain the oil out of the tank and engine the put 2 Qts in the tank and about and half of a qt in the motor hte run it and get it hot the check it by just setting the dipstick in the hole dont screw it in, the add from there it does not need to all the way to theo full mark just inbetween the h and L on the stick.

#*$&@, I just put 2 qts in the motor. Should I put a half in the tank and run it, will it be ok?

Should be fine.Dont rev it though for a minute or two just to let things even out.Worst that will happen is oil might blow out the breather into airbox.Shouldnt be enough to hydrolock the motor.

I had about 1 and 3/4 in the motor, i just put about 3/4 in the tank. i started it and the oil light is on. i gave it a couple little revs, then shut it off. Is the oil light normal?

No.Not sure but I think there might be a float in the tank which would explain light.I would just let it idle for a minute or two and if it doesnt go off start over and drain all the oil.

Theirs a oil check bolt, you have to remove the exhaust pipe joint upper cover to see the bolt, this bolt is to confirm you have oil pressure, oil should seep from this bolt when removed

Where in the owners manual or service manual does it say to add oil directly to the engine? I read the owners manual and service manual that you add 1.5L to tank, run engine, then add to full mark. I though the cap on the engine was to let oil drain from the crank case easier.

Phazed said:
I had about 1 and 3/4 in the motor, i just put about 3/4 in the tank. i started it and the oil light is on. i gave it a couple little revs, then shut it off. Is the oil light normal?
The wires attached to the dipstick are for your oil level sensor. Once your engine pumps the oil into the tank and satisfies the level sensor your light will go out. You probably know this already judging by the post times.

You're not the first guy to do this on an oil change and certainly won't be the last.

Did mine last december but if I remember right, it's like this. Drain motor, drain tank, take sled apart and remove filter. Instal new filter, put sled together, put plugs in the engine and tank, fill through hole in tank. Can't remember how much but I'm thinkin I had three bottels of yami iol and didn't use all of the last one. Save the extra for when you flip it some oil will run out the breather, you can add as needed. Light probley came on when it started cause there was no oil in the oil pressure sensor or something. Like when you start any engine after changing oil, you get a momentary no reading on the restart untill the oil gets pumped around. No damage was done as far as I can tell sled rips. :Rockon:

Phazed said:

Is it the oil light or the temp light?

Back