• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NEED HELP, WARRIOR RUNNING LIKE SH!T

fstblkwarrior

Extreme
I had to load it on my trailer today to make room in my Garage. It will not even come close to idling, only about 2000+rpm with half choke. I drained the bowls and put fresh gas and stabilizer in it the week after I got it and have not ran it since. Don't want to hear no smack about how stabilizer doesn't work blah blah blah. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

How long did you run the sled with the stabil in there? If you dropped into the tank and shut it off for the summer, then it's either gummed up some jets or cicuits, or you've just fouled a plug, no biggy.

Stabil isn't worth the hassle in my opinion. On my 500's, I have yet to get any varnish in the carbs, and haven't used it. It seems I only have problems when I use the stuff!

Go figure, eh?

If it's a warrior he didn't have stabilizier in it all summer. He would have just gotten it recently.

Did it hit 2000 rpm and start cutting out real bad and would not run any higher? Could be the TPS (throttle position sensor). Check to make sure you have no binding in the throttle lever.

The other are right too. It could be that you have to much stabilizer in there. May have fouled a plug or something.

I remember some RX-1 owners last year were having problems because the boot on the carbs were not secure . The dealers were not putting them on properly. You might want to check that. It is hard to see them so you might want to just remove the air box are then put it back on yourself.

Why would put stabilizer in a new sled? With winter just around the corner. Try new set of plugs if runs and runs good drain tank put new gas. It has to be something you did if it ran good before. Back- track what you did. Good Luck keep us posted. :D Later

Thanks for the responses guys. I put stabilizer in it not even two weeks after I bought it, and run it for a while to make sure it was through the whole system. Ran perfect before. Now it seems to clear out a little above 2000 rpm with the choke half on, and it will stay running around there (a little rough though) but as soon as I try to turn the choke off it just stops right now, not even a sputter just flat on its face! This really pisses me off. I have 5 bikes, two sleds, lawn mower, snow blower, even had a few summer rides and never ever had a problem with stabilizer. If fuel is even the problem.

My RX1 did the same thing last year. I didn't have stabilzer in it, but after leaving it in the garage for a while it all of a sudden would not idle. I took it back to the dealer and they said it had been a common problem for the the carbs to get gummed up with the poor fuel they have now. He cleaned the carbs and it has been fine ever since. It is a new sled. take it back and tell them to fix it.

I would but they told me 10 times when I picked it up that if the carbs gummed up I would be paying to clean them! They didn't want to even put gas in it but I said @#$% that, I want to hear this thing! (1st RX :D, maybe the last :shock: )

I never heard of a dealer not running a new sled before you pick it up. Don't they have to make sure its ok before you get it? So they would have to put gas in it right?

FstBlk, On some 03 RX-1s Yamaha had to replace the pilot jets. WHen I first picked mine up last year it ran fine. The next time I started it up, it did exactly as you describe in your first post. I took it in and my dealer changed the Pilots. It ran fine even since. You may want to check with your dealer on this...BBY

When I picked my Warrior up from the the dealer, they told me the only thing that is in the tank is "Stabil" and then he proceeded to tell me ;and write it on the bill of sale, that the dealership was not responsible for gummed-up carbs or fouled plugs due to the Stabil that they had added to the tank. The Sales guy said that they do not have a gas pump at their dealership so they put Stabil in the tank. :roll:

The sales guy told me to put fresh gas in it when I get home and then run it for about 5 minutes once a week until the season starts. So thats what I am doing. :wink:

Later.........

I don't even know if it is gummed carbs, although I hope it is! :cry: But it is hard to expect the dealer to do a free total carb clean job. I must say, they did offer to wait until winter gets here to have me bring the sled back and they would put fuel in it and all that. But I'm impatient, and thought stabilizer would be fine, it ALWAYS has been for me on EVERYTHING!!! This really sucks, my doo bud came over today and you can imagine the things he was saying. I'm calling my dealer tomorrow, hopefully he can get it in soon and get this resolved even though we don't get snow here(stupid minnesota) :x BBY, could you explain what they did with your pilots that were different so I could bring it up?

Skip the stabil and just put in Premium for your last tank of the season. Stabil helps the fuel maintain it's octane rating, Premium won't degrade fast enough over one year to even equal regular octane.

Back