• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NEED HELP WITH MIRRORS FOR 07 APEX

gt4472

Veteran
I'm leaning towards using PowerMadd handguards with mirrors. I have to use a cover when transporting so I'd like something that I don't have to remove to put the cover on. Will the PowerMadds clear the medium height windshield on the 07 Apex? Is there a better mirror option?

Thanks
GT4472

Suggest you don"t buy the 06 apex mirrors unless you want to watch your knees in the mirrors. The spot they are suppose to be mounted dosn"t give you much area a view and are worthless. Some the members here are using the Ski-doo mirrors that mount on the windshield area. Do a search and can find some history on Apex mirror responses.

Anybody notice that there are TWO completely different mirror options for the Apex/Attak model on page 23 of the 2007 Yamaha accessory catalog? I know nothing about either one to be able to offer an opinion...

8FP-W2628-01-00 FOR $79.95, and 8FP-W2628-01-KT for $81.95. The second looks like it has a solid steel mounting bracket that probably allows pretty solid mounting....but hard to tell from the pics in the catalog. I will say that one looks completely and totally different from the other, they are nothign alike. I can't find that second one on the Yamaha website though to be able to show a link to both parts on this website.

I basically made my own mirrors by modifying some blind-spot automotive mirrors.

Powermadds

Mr Sled
Where are your Powermad mirrors located on this site? My understanding from Rox Speed is the 07 handlebars are shaped different than the 06s and may require a different mount. He's looking into this. My questions are will this configuration not hit the higher windshield on the 07 and can you use a snowmobile cover without having to remove the mirrors? Is this the best mirror option?
Thanks
GT4472

Back