• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 101x13 hybrid trailer!

Al Bundy

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2004 Rx Warrior
Like the trailer a lot. Its light, tows great, and plenty of room for sleds and gear. However, on the way home from the dealer it was raining and the water coming off my truck tires and road was getting in through the front access door. Looks to be leaking from the bottom corners of the door. I have contacted the dealer, and they said bring it in at my convenience to get fixed. At 3 hours drive round trip and loss of trailer use, I may try to tackle it myself.
I know some of you folks have experience with this: what did you all do?
20190105_125444.jpg

20190106_075535.jpg

20190106_075512.jpg

Looks beautiful - frustrating I am sure to have the leak.
Good luck I have no experience so can’t guide I suspect will be a bead of exterior silicone sealer of some type all around the door frame.

Looks beautiful - frustrating I am sure to have the leak.
Good luck I have no experience so can’t guide I suspect will be a bead of exterior silicone sealer of some type all around the door frame.
Thanks. I actually talked to a former employee of Alcom, the company who makes Sno Pro trailer. He said sometimes trailers come back and need an "adjustment" or bending of the door and/or sealing edge to make it fit more snug against the door frame.

I suppose they remove the door and clean the edges then re install the door ‘dry’ bend gently until uniform tight gaps then remove the door, silicone seal the door edge and reinstall wet with silicone then with tape get a uniform edge protecting the visible surface.
My two cents for what it’s worth .

Side door, extra large front door, mats, guides, tie down channels full length of trailer, galvanized wheels. $4,800 out the door. Not for lack of trying, but they wouldn't even throw in a spare. It hauls good and I like the extra foot vs 12. As for a leak fix, I'm going to look it over this weekend and decide what to do. Good luck on yours.
20190123_175205.jpg

My sport haven hybrid also leaks a little in around front door, not enough to worry about. Mine has dual handles near edges, if I adjusted them tighter it would more then likely fix however would increase turning effort so just left it alone.

Attachments

• Trailer.jpg
    Trailer.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
My sport haven hybrid also leaks a little in around front door, not enough to worry about. I see yours has a single handle in the middle, mine has dual handles near edges, if I adjusted them tighter it would more then likely fix however would increase turning effort so just left it alone.
Funny you say that. I adjusted the tension of the rods that hold the door closed and it did help keep water out but now the handle is hard to turn.

Back