• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New '11 Apex sneek peek!

ROCKERDAN said:
For those that didnt see this......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_5qYyl4-RI

New exhaust(dual still),new skis(M9?),sounds like 4 cylinder!!....and looks to be a longtrack in this clip....new tailight,and does not look like a nytro platform at all,but hard to tell.

Dan

20111.jpg
dan thats the 07+ r1 taillight and the r1 style oval exhaust. definataly sounds like a 4 hole. it does not sound like the crossplane. almost willing to put money down that it is the 07-08 r1 style engine. and that windshield is to high to be a nytro chassis design. damn, what a tease..... ;):D

COLDONE said:
More Power!
New Lighter Chassis!
New Headlights!
New Skis!
New Power Steering!
New Bar Warmers!
New slightly More Rider Forward!

THE GAME CHANGER IS HERE!!!

:Rockon:

BR

I hope so cause i got my #*$&@ handed to me this past week by 2 new 1100 cats and a attack idk what the hell happened.I guess my sled wasnt set up and handled like crap imo and it felt like i was driving a bus i either neeed the gym or some geritol man i hate it i just put the ulmer clutch kit yamaha heater,,big boy spring and revalve ,pilot ski`s,cr1oeks help me out guys

I think its a2 holer

If yamaha wants a big part of the market share

how about:

new 07-08 r1 engine 176.1 hp
new skis
power steering
xtx 144" updated mono option with needle bearings
newer idler wheels with replaceable bearings
2 pt mounts
anti ratchet drivers
snow evacuation boards
fox float shocks
stock visor plug
Shallower approach angle

don't want to be unrealistic but lets make it better:

135mm idlers
bigger snow evacuation holes in boards
tunnel heat exchanger less ice on skid and tunnel
adjustable handle bars and seat
spring order track options
yamacharger
adjustable fuel mapping with different presets
TRIC Yamaha front cable ice scrapers
electric reverse
quick disconnect sway bar
moveable lower shock mount for narrow ski stance and boodaocking
grease zirks on drive bearings and front end
warmer hand grips
stronger delta box II bulkhead
50lb weight reduction
tunnel dump exhaust on mountain sleds
bigger gas tank on nytro
better gauges on nytro/phazer
better oilight front end bushings and steering bushings
less steering parts and better tie rod ends and ball joints

yamahahaha said:
it sounds identical to the nytro.

I think it sound exactly like a apex motor...NOTHING like a nytro.

also,it has dual exhaust outlets,no 2 or 3 cyl motors have them,only the 4 cylinder....another clue that it is a 4 cyl IMO.

Dan

wtf?

Its def a 4 banger. its the new apex. tell ha ha ha boy to get his ears checked.
my biggest curiuosity is the powerplant. Big Hp R1? New 4banger just for sleding without a gear reduction? old motor with a turbo? only one i'm ruling against is the turbo...its too loud to have a turbo. but she is def putting out some serious exhaust, which means serious displacement.

if thats a long track, no ones gonna like it...theres NO room on the tunnel whatsoever.....appears more cluttered than a nytro shorty.
only a couple more weeks i guess...

ROCKERDAN said:
yamahahaha said:
it sounds identical to the nytro.

I think it sound exactly like a apex motor...NOTHING like a nytro.

also,it has dual exhaust outlets,no 2 or 3 cyl motors have them,only the 4 cylinder....another clue that it is a 4 cyl IMO.

Dan

I agree...
It NOT a 3 holer...

I say a few more ponies but not what were all hoping for. I hope I'm wrong...but I mean come on...how many years have we asked for all this and has it EVER happened?
Again...I hope I'm wrong...but my guess...
160-165 HP Apex, Revised Mono skid and a few other minor goodies but that's about it...

It's definitely an Apex motor, you can see the double exhaust, low seat, wide front end.

The exhaust is tigher inward, meaning they redesigned the exhaust, obviously to save weight.

The tunnel sticks out a bit, i'd say it's a 144 track.

You can see the heat exchangers under the tunnel like the current Apex. The only reason it would need those is if it was a 4 cylinder.

Riser looks like a mountain riser, but the skis look narrow, which doesn't match with any of the current models.

My best guess is that we are looking at a lighter weight 144" Apex XTX.

Mark

Back