• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

new 174" 2.5 on apex need good advice

briguy

I took my junker maverick track off my apex mtn when I went to go buy an other track I seen they had a 174",2.5 camoextreme so I bought it and the avid drivers and the rail extensions my question is will the sled have enough power to spin it and now my seasons over and won't be able to test can some one give me some advice on this or am I commited now to turbocharging.which I have looked into but am concerned about reliability in back country (don't want to spend any time under helicopter)If I turboed it I would keep it for 5 to 6 more years of mountain riding is this relistic.

No sweat but you really need to change gears to 19/42 or like I run the 18/43....helix at 48 deg,primary spring blue -silver-blue then mess with weights to get rpm at 10500 in a good climb...the 174 works GREAT...u will be shocked. It will be a pig with stock gears and clutch BTW....

To answer your reliability question. I'm on my fourth season of riding with my supercharger and other than a few hiccups I've been very satisfied with reliability. I have only been towed out once, and that was due to the chaincase exploding. I have had 3 rides (more like trips around the parking lot) where the fuel controller didn't work, so those days were ruined immediately.

Back