• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Apex pulling 11,000 RPM ?????

Smokey

Expert
Put the first 150 miles on new 06 Apex ER. The few times during break in that I did pin it found that it would stay at about 11,000 RPM. Seems a little high to me. I think it is supposed to be at about 10,500. Am I loosing power reving a bit high ???? Or is it high ????

Your spinning the track on crappy snow. Things will change when you get decent traction on a good hardpack base.

And if its spinning 11,000 with just 150 miles on it, he got a good one!!!!!!!

Went out today now have 250 miles on the sled. It now is going to 11,200 and hitting the rev limiter. Don't think it's the conditions decent hook up on pack fire guard roads. Need to do something to get the revs down a bit. I assume clutch weights ?????

Smokey said:
Went out today now have 250 miles on the sled. It now is going to 11,200 and hitting the rev limiter. Don't think it's the conditions decent hook up on pack fire guard roads. Need to do something to get the revs down a bit. I assume clutch weights ?????

Interesting enough. Perhaps when you pull the cover off the primary you find that Yamaha forgot to install rivets in your weights?

SledFreak said:
I believe you can add heavier rivits to the weights.
Apex has the biggest already!!

maybe some grease on your belt...spinning...
plus you think your hooking...but no studs is no hook...slip the belt and the track..

sj said:
does it stay at 11,000+ - and hold there?

Surely a strange thing eh! Maybe one weight has no rivets?!

Yes, maybe it's a 'good' one!

Back