• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Apex pulling 11,000 RPM ?????

I believe Mighty's original Attack was like that. It pulled 11,000RPM right off the bat and he said his was faster than most others.

SledFreak said:
I believe Mighty's original Attack was like that. It pulled 11,000RPM right off the bat and he said his was faster than most others.

We had 2 06 GT's, same mileage, same trails, etc....one pulled high rpm, the other lower rpm. Switched everything, clutches, ECU, etc....the strong sled pulled the rpm, no matter what!!

if he's studded and hold's around there with a good belt grab...no grease slip or clutch interference...then hell yes it's a runner

My 06 GT pulls 11,000 RPM's since it was new,it now with over 4,000 miles and 168 studs it still revs the same. Stock sled 119 on radar!!! I thought I had a slipping belt so I changed it and also cleaned it. Same thing! :jump:

sj, it's proven time and time again... To get good top end on this sled you have to go past where it's making power. For some reason, it makes more mph between 10,700-11,000RPM. You need to clutch oit so most of the time it's run's between 10,300-10,600, but as the run progesses, it needs to run high.

Stock sled hitting the limiter? If the belt isn't slipping and the clutching is correct, buy a clutch kit or at least some heavy hitters and just go with it. You usually won't hit the limiter with a 30 HP shot of nitrous.

yes..that's called "walking" and the rpms carry you over peak power...
from his post...I doubt if he's talking about his top speed rpms...
I'm speaking of the "meat" of his run....if he's taching to 11,000 hitting the limiter and staying there...he's nowhere near where the power is and something isnt right...belt or track or both slip...or more likely clutch interference (maybe a weight it catching) or spider bushing or spring bind)
or like whats been posted here...missing a rivet or maybe the wrong spring altogether..

Thought I already posted some thoughts, but maybe I didn't. Just a seat of the pants observation with my 06 rtx..on clay, grass, in 500 feet, I could only pull 10,200 on a best run..bone stock. Top indicated was 91 in our 500 foot strip. Get on the wet/snowy grass, she chatters a little, pulls 10,500 and then just about 11000...wow..different sled. High 90's in 500 feet (indicated, not real mph, but a LOT faster and pulling like the shuttle. Big difference in rpm and speed.

You'll know if it hits the limiter. Haven't had a stocker do that yet. Do me a favor and try a Carlisle XS805 belt. They seem a we bit longer, but appear to pull the R's down some (around 200-300). I just tried one and that is what I found in this instance. It is long enough that it needs to be shimmed up in the secondary, but it will give you an idea if it will get your RPM's off the limiter. They like RPM's too!. 10700-10800 is great. This thing really bone stock? No plugs or airbox mods or nothing? If you don't mind me asking, how much do you weigh? Generally the heavier a person is the more R's they'll pull in a good traction situation. Loose snow the R's will go down.

my 06' attak when it was new hit the rev limiter from day one, i thought i bought a lemon, brought it back to the dealer and he had to add some weight to it, still with 3500 mi. she screams

False Alarm. When I bought this machine it had 26 miles on it. I assumed it was stock. Took it apart today. It had Attack springs primary and secondary and the secondary was wound to 6 + 1 (7)... I think the norm is 3 and 3. In any event put stock springs in and wound the secondary to the norm. Will let you know next ride.

Sorry for the mis information and thanks for all the help. STUPID ME

:o| :o| :o|

Back