• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New guy new ride

yes. each nytro model has perks. my rtx, i love it, 136x1.75 track is perfect. i do some trails but its not hard to dip in and out of the snow. plus i have fox shocks all around. xtx is a great sled as well but longer than some people want. im sure a good number of folks on here have different skis, and did modifications as they got to know their sled more and more. no matter what you buy your gonna tweak it to the way you like. its great you gonna jump on board. this site has helped me out lots. better let us know what you pick up and get us a picture asap. cheers

Good choice, the 08's had front end issues, the 09 is the better choice. If you came off dirt bikes, you will love the Nytro.

I love my 09 XTX. Great choice. To be honest, I dont think there are any handling issues with it - but I also used to motocross race. I have OEM skis, flipped the rubbers, and have cobra head 4" carbides. I think these carbides are the ticket...previous owner installed them so I have never had the chance to try it stock...but it drives great!

The previous owner installed dual carbides on the oem skis so I'm going to see how they are before I do anything. I have a chipped wheel so I'm going to see about a full kit. It already has the 4 wheel kit in the rear and the extra wheel at the front of the skid but the sliders are pretty worn right after the tip up looking forewards so those are being changed. I was also told about a bearing that should be done annually, I believe it's on the output shaft? Also the rear end seems to not rebound back up? I know about free sag but this just stays way down, seems like its almost bottomed out and then doesn't return, doesn't seem normal to me.

Well I'm hopefully going to have my suspension guy that works on my race bike take a look. He also helps to develop Elka suspension for yamaha sleds so I'm sure he can get me sorted out.

Ill get some pictures up after I finish doing a clean down and figure out how to post them here.

dirk said:
.....Also the rear end seems to not rebound back up? I know about free sag but this just stays way down, seems like its almost bottomed out and then doesn't return, doesn't seem normal to me.

The one thing that drove me nuts with the XTX....but trust me you don't notice it while riding...I'm sure while riding all the bumps and studders help it come back up.

However, let your suspension guy know that it probably isn't the shocks causing it. There is just too much friction in those 2 transfer rod tube things.
If you have the cash and want to eliminate the sag FOR GOOD buy the star suspensions kit. Problem solved. I now have 0.5" of sag. There is a thread going around detailing the kit with reviews (I have 0km on my kit so I cannot comment) but everyone that has it says they love it! Oh, I tried the hygear spring spacers too...with no luck for sag removal, however I do recommend them since they orientate the spring properly.

IMO ride the damn thing and see what you like/hate before you start mods! ;)!

Back