• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New guy, new to Yamaha!

yes that is it brian a.

i see you found the tec pages. look at setting up your proaction in there as well as that is the suspension that is in the rear of your sled.

the rx1's are an awsome sled once they are set properly.

thanks guys

My plan of attack when I reach my cabin this weekend witll be this

Swap out the carbides with the brand new ones (still in the package) the old owner gave me

check and set the toe if necessary

take it for a spin and see how it goes

Since I already have new carbides, might as well try them first I figure.

Brian A said:
thanks I can see getting both

what length carbide do you recommend?
With 96 studs you should do 6" but make sure you use a dual runner like woodys doolies or stud boy double downs, it will 99% stop the darting. Shade tree also offers a riders choice doolie and a fair price. I also used riders choice studs, colored palstic backers and tall nuts and have been very happy with them. Are you still running the stock 1" cone track or does it have a 1 1/4 ripsaw or eqivalent.
:4STroke: :yam: :rocks: :sled1:

Attachments

• studs.jpg
    studs.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 73
thanks

Pretty sure its just the standard 1" track. It has been replaced but thats what I think it is

To explain better, I dont think its darting.

Going down the hardpack dirt roads to and from the trail near my cabin, a slight correction in the steering causes the ski to lose grip, like its plowing. I can regain control easily with a correction of the steering.

It just feels loose to me. Not like my old Polaris.

I do think the rear is sliding some too, maybe this is causing this feeling, but I can see the ski tip looking like its losing grip on the road, like the carbides are just worn out.

Maybe this is called darting but I dont think thats what I am feeling, almost the opposite.

The season is almost over here, I am going this weekend and am going to put these new carbides on that the guy gave me and see how that feels.

Then during the offseason I will probably put studs on and dual runner carbides.

The 'ski shim' mentioned in the earlier post is just a home made spacer that goes in the rear of the rubber mounting pad to force the front of the ski down more. That could help what you are describing above. Then you might notice the darting more and the Doolies will help with that.

YammyRX1 said:
The 'ski shim' mentioned in the earlier post is just a home made spacer that goes in the rear of the rubber mounting pad to force the front of the ski down more. That could help what you are describing above. Then you might notice the darting more and the Doolies will help with that.

thanks

I will check this out tomorrow when I get to my cabin

YammyRX1 said:

The ski shim does go under the rear of the rubber block, but it is used to force the back of the ski down more, not the front. Both of the Rx1's I had along with the Apex were forcing the front of the ski down so much that the back of the carbides hardly took any wear. I have had really good outcomes from shimming skies, actually thinking about shimming my 03 even more. I have also had the best luck with 6" stud boy shaper bar carbides, they were pricey butI just took them off of the Rx1 after 3 seasons, most other carbides I could only get 1 out of.

interesting

I will take a closer look at the carbides and see how they are wearing.

This sled may have already had the shims put in.

It does have the Apex seat mod, so the original owner did know about some of the mods that make this sled better.

Brian. Welcome to the blue. Check out my add ons on my profile. I have a 2005 with 14,000+ hard driven miles on it and still running strong. Beside the typical things people do to upgrade, I would invest a set of skis. I prefer Curve XS for all around conditions. They work great.

Back