• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New heat exchangers coming

Scooter

:D I just got a call from from my dealer @ Sportland in Cle Elum and Yamaha is replacing the heat exchanger's on the RX-1 Mountains !!!!!
he expects the kits lin late Nov.

They can't be REPLACING something that was never there. I would guess they are finally going to add something that should have been there all along. I sent them pictures of mine with the overheat light lit and a picutre from under the sled with no snow whatsoever even near the crossover tube. I was planning to just move the crossover tube to the back of the tunnel extension WHERE SOME SNOW COULD ACTUALLY HIT IT. Maybe now I won't have to? Thanks for the great info! Powder Blue

I WAS in the process of making my own rear exchanger :(

If anyone can get the recall number/parts number from their dealer please post it ASAP so I know whether or not to continue with my project....

I had bought a used SXR 700 rear heat exhanger and had it cut down and welded together to fit inside the rear of the tunnel - I was then going to run hoses along the top corner of the tunnel (as some have already done on this forum)

It will be interesting to see what Yamaha came up with.

What the dealer told me a couple weeks ago, was that Yamaha has a quarterly tech update and he was expecting them to add a new rear exchanger and possibly larger ones on the tunnel, so all the dealers should have recieved the Tech update, I didn't ask for all the details, I was just happy to here that they are going to take a shot a helping the overheating problem

So is this speculation on his part or did Yammie actually say they are offering heat exchangers?

I wouldn't care if it was a recall or not just as long as Yamaha would have a kit to go on the sled. I have been looking at the rear heat exchanger on the Viper Mountain, I think it would rivet right in place. I wish I had 1 near that I could measure to make sure. I just might wait to see what Yamaha does with situation though.

I was told by Yamaha that there is not even a part number available yet, should have one in about two weeks.

They will not be supplied under warranty, you will have to purchase. :(

Tell your dealer to look at his latest quarterly tech bulletin.

if thats the case what bs,it should have been put on in the first place especially in the mtns. man i do love my rx but after a few beers if i really think about it yammi just slapped our mtns together to sell a few more sleds and it pissed me off,but i will be sober tomorrow and all will be ok. :p

anybody know the "PRICE" yet

I talked to Mountain Performance today

The guy I talked to attended the tech training, he said the kits would be available for around $100

We will have to provide our serial numbers to get the 'deal'

MSRP on a SXR 700 rear exchanger is about $125 USD I think, so if they include all hoses, clamps etc. it is a discount from their standard prices.

I think this is a great move by Yamaha, and shows that they are listening to us. Granted it would be great if it was a free fix, but it is better than nothing!

Back