• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New rear heat exchanger kits for RX/RS and Apex/Attak models

Port-Parts

TY Advertiser
Website
www.portyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Nytro RTX
2018 Sidewinder BTX SE
If anyone is interested Yamaha has a new rear heat exchanger kit for the 121" four stroke sleds. We currently are selling them for $159.95 plus shipping. They come with an aluminum cooler that mounts in place of the stock crossover pipe on the back of the tunnel. The kits come with rivets and mounting instructions.

Update
Yamaha is now offering two different kits. The new kits (8ET-124A0-00-00) are for the 121" RX/RS and 144" RS Venture models and replace the stock crossover tube with a small heat exchanger. The second style kits (8FT-124A0-00-00) available are offered for the 136" and 151" models. Those kits were originally designed for the mountain models but will also fit on the 136"s. If you run studs on a 136" you will need to fabricate some sort of protection for the cooler. We sell the 136" kits for $335 plus shipping.

I this the same heat exchanger Yamaha offers for the Warrior that was developed for the mountain sleds?

Yamaha is now offering two different kits. The new kits (8ET-124A0-00-00) are for the 121" RX/RS and 144" RS Venture models and replace the stock crossover tube with a small heat exchanger. The second style kits (8ET-124A0-00-00) available are offered for the 136" and 151" models. Those kits were originally designed for the mountain models but will also fit on the 136"s. If you run studs on a 136" you will need to fabricate some sort of protection for the cooler. We sell the 136" kits for $335 plus shipping.

I am working on getting some photos of these kits. I should have them up shortly.

here are your photos Kevin.

Attachments

• RX-RS 121 Cooler2.jpg
    RX-RS 121 Cooler2.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 1,280
  • RX-RX 136-151 Cooler1.jpg
    RX-RX 136-151 Cooler1.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 975
Thanks Indy - Your the best. :Rockon: :Rockon:

The 121 kits will work on the RS Venture models also and replace the stock rear crossover tube just like on the 121's.

Port-Parts said:
Thanks Indy - Your the best. :Rockon: :Rockon:

The 121 kits will work on the RS Venture models also and replace the stock rear crossover tube just like on the 121's.

Ya, you're right.

Thanks Port for the one you shipped me, I installed it last thursday. Good service thanks.
The installation was basically cake. Only unexpected thing was trimming a bigger hole on one side of the tunnel to get the crossover tube out and the exchanger in. No big deal, used a 1-1/4 hole saw and connected that hole to the original with a dremel and a mini sanding drum. Also switched over to 50/50 antifreeze and water wetter.
Oh the shop manual I ordered is great too. Have just about read it cover to cover.

Question on the 121 heat exchanger

Port
My wife got me one for xmas and I installed it. Clean fit and easy install. My question is, if I want to stud it do I need any protection for it. It does not seem like I need to. What is your take on this?
Thanks Jim

Jim

On the 121" kits I don't think any protectors will be necessary. I have yet to see any reports of anyone having their studs get in to the rear exchanger during normal use. The 136" kits have been a different story. On those I recommend fabricating some sort of protectors to keep the studs from hitting the cooler. There have been reports and pictures posted on this site of damage done to the coolers on 136" sleds.

Back