• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex/Attak Mirror Kits

Port-Parts

TY Advertiser
Website
www.portyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Nytro RTX
2018 Sidewinder BTX SE
Just a heads up on what is going to be offered as far as mirror kits for the Apex/Attak models. The mirrors will be the same style as what was used on the 97-02 deluxe models. They will mount to the upper portion of the side panels and use an adapter plate between the side panel and the mirror to put the mirrors at the proper angle. This will be sold in a kit with two mirros, the adapters, and all the hardware. The kits will retail for $79.95 and I believe the part number will be 8FP-W2628-00-00. We will be stocking these kits, bringing them to the shows this fall, and offering our internet pricing as soon as they become available this fall.

Here's the best I can do at the moment. This is from a frame on the microfiche we have online at www.portyamaha.com. We have 2006 sleds on our online program now and this is found under the alternate rear view mirror section. Here's a direct link to the online microfiche. www.portyamaha.com/fiche_select.asp

Attachments

• Apex Mirrors.gif
    Apex Mirrors.gif
    14.1 KB · Views: 171
Hi port yammi guys i am very interested in the powermadd handguards with the mirror built onto it,some guys have them on there apex and they seem to be in a much better place to be in,than the bullet style that i have on back order from my dealer,can you give me the part number of the combo,and can i get them from your dealership,thru my dealer,i need two sets. thanks pete

That is correct Canuck Sledhead.

I had those on my '03 RX1 and every sled previous to that one. If anything, the rear visibility is too good and becomes a blinding distraction with the high power headlights most all sleds have today.

Other than appearance, that was my reason for going with the little spot mirrors on the PowerMadd guards.

Can you just buy the adapter? I have the left side mirror that I used on my Viper. Looks like the mirror is the same, but the new ones for the GT's come with a block for support #4 on the parts diagram. Can this adapter block be bought separate?

The adapters will also be available separately. At this point they are not available yet but should be sometime in the upcoming months. I actually believe they are what Yamaha is waiting on to release the full kits.

The OEM Yamaha mirror kits (p/n 8FP-W2628-00-00) have now become available and are in stock. We test fitted some to an Apex at the shop and they work out nicely. They have a much better view to behind you than they did when they were adapted to work on RX/RS models and are easy to locate due to the bars being farther forward on the Apex's. After seeing them in person I believe most people will be satisfied with the way they work and how they look.

Back