• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New TY Tech Videos for Winder/Tcat

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
Last edited:

Great videos.

Really awesome videos. I will be putting on a new track on my 2023 LTX LE, so this is very helpful.

Nice videos! Question on the one pulling the skid out, why did you decide to remove the from cross shaft?

Very nice videos. Thank you for posting them. Pulling the skid is a whole lot easier on the table than the floor.

They showed up on my YouTube, I've subscribed. What I like about them is the transparency. Not everything works as scripted, but continues.
Nice work & thank you..... Joe

They showed up on my YouTube, I've subscribed. What I like about them is the transparency. Not everything works as scripted, but continues.
Nice work & thank you..... Joe
Right!! What a fricken mess at times. Sound like a dumb azz but I think it get my point across. We are trying to improve them more and more.

Right!! What a fricken mess at times. Sound like a dumb azz but I think it get my point across. We are trying to improve them more and more.
I had the exact same trouble with freezing brg & adding heat to caliper housing. Thought it would drop right in, like my snub shaft did, it didn't.
One other thing, I'm critiquing you just a touch. The little steps mean just as much as the big ones.
I think you may have missed the step on video in regards to actually pulling the drive axle out. No biggie.
But us lesser mechanically inclined individuals like the details.
Keep up the good work. I believe these videos will be an asset to your company, your customers, and your vendors!

I had the exact same trouble with freezing brg & adding heat to caliper housing. Thought it would drop right in, like my snub shaft did, it didn't.
One other thing, I'm critiquing you just a touch. The little steps mean just as much as the big ones.
I think you may have missed the step on video in regards to actually pulling the drive axle out. No biggie.
But us lesser mechanically inclined individuals like the details.
Keep up the good work. I believe these videos will be an asset to your company, your customers, and your vendors!
Lower drive axel or upper? There is nothing on the upper at the time I was doing the work on the sled I stated his upper bearings had very little miles on them. The lower it’s in there as I remember the struggle getting it past the track on camera.

after watching it many times there is a ton of little things I could have added but figured these are good talking vids for future vids or questions to help traffic on the site.

But thanks for your comments. It will help me later. Crazy part is had all the intentions in the world to make a perfect video and then I get going so fast because of doing so many I miss things to more or talk about Lol

Best to have it out of the way to pull the track and I feel it’s more of a fight to leave it in for skid removal.
I agree, if you are pulling the track the cross shaft needs to come out. If just pulling the skid, then no need

Back