• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Viper starter issues!!

ProstockBenji

Expert
Website
www.doublediamondacres.com
I bought a new Viper RTX last week, studded it , clutched it , new skis, went to start it to move it to load in the trailer for first ride and the starter wouldn't stop , pulled key out and hit kill switch and it kept going, i put key back in and turned on and it restarted and the starter stopped, shut key off and engine shut off and starter started back up and wouldn't stop , repeated 10 times with same results. i went to pull seat off and found a torx screw holding seat on that was so tight that it stripped when i tried to loosen it with proper size torx with rachet putting a lot of force on , i ended up breaking the seat off to get to the battery and disconnect battery to stop starter. not very impressed with a sled with 0 kms on it . also found the chain case out 5 turns. hard to believe all the issues with these things.

Don't mean tobe an #*$&@ hole but the first thing you should do is make a call to dealer before you make a post about it on here !
Sounds like the starter relay stuck , this happened on my nytro as well and I didn't know and burnt out the starter , so I guess what I'm saying is it's just not the viper that does this
Again make a call to the dealer in the morning ! ;)!

i did let the dealer know, i assumed it could be a relay also, its at dealer now. i have owned 11 yamaha sleds with electric start and never seen this, just thought i would put it out here before someone else's gets stranded with the same problem 100 miles from know where! probably a Arctic cat cheap relay or module.

The same thing happened to my 05 RX1.

I had the same issue with my XTX. I did not realize it, and it burnt my starter. Left me stranded in the U.P. The dealer replaced the starter, relay, and solenoid. I was back riding in a couple days. I was told by the dealer that this has happened to many past Nytros.

Everyone needs to keep in mind, these are cats not Yamaha sleds. As much as they claim to have their had in the QC department its far from the case.

TurboJamie said:
Everyone needs to keep in mind, these are cats not Yamaha sleds. As much as they claim to have their had in the QC department its far from the case.

I dont agree. No more issues than past Yamahas. It was bought from Yamaha,says Yamaha on it,Yamaha warranty and sure sounds like a Yamaha to me. Its a Yamaha. If you dont think so you are wrong. Is no different than Nippondenso spark plugs or all the electronics and outsourced parts every Yamaha has on it. Do they make it something else? No. Dont have to get used to anything. Yamaha needs to make corrections and take care of customers. They have and I have no doubt they will. There is no reason to say what you did Turbo it is a useless statement.

cannondale27 said:
TurboJamie said:

I dont agree. No more issues than past Yamahas. It was bought from Yamaha,says Yamaha on it,Yamaha warranty and sure sounds like a Yamaha to me. Its a Yamaha. If you dont think so you are wrong. Is no different than Nippondenso spark plugs or all the electronics and outsourced parts every Yamaha has on it. Do they make it something else? No. Dont have to get used to anything. Yamaha needs to make corrections and take care of customers. They have and I have no doubt they will. There is no reason to say what you did Turbo it is a useless statement.
well i dont agree. Its a shame that this hybrid have the name Yamaha on this sled. Its not a Yamaha , its a f....g cat with a engine and clutc from yamaha.It will never be a tru Yamaha so you dont have to convince all that it s becouse it not.

Tarzan said:
cannondale27 said:
TurboJamie said:

well i dont agree. Its a shame that this hybrid have the name Yamaha on this sled. Its not a Yamaha , its a f....g cat with a engine and clutc from yamaha.It will never be a tru Yamaha so you dont have to convince all that it s becouse it not.

Well I will say this ,it's the best yamaha I have ever rode and the QC is on par with my nytro anyways , only other one I had was a XTC 600 1997 oh boy couldn't wait to sell that thing , I think the viper looks great only took three rides to get it dialed in and now off to the clutching!

TurboJamie said:

Did you se where this is/was a known issue that happened on the Nytro also or do you need a reading comprehension class? Your posts it seems will be needing to be taken with a grain of salt.

Whether it's a Yamaha or a Arctic Cat, it does not matter. Every sled has it's issues. Some more that others, but they all do. And putting the same posts on here is not going to help. I agree Yamaha will fix things and make it right. Remember all those rumors saying that it was suppose to be slow, well it's not. And we just have to understand that it's not a new engine or chassis, but it is new putting the two together. And there will be problems. And they will be fixed. Why don't we post good things and things we like.i have had zero problems with the sled and I have almost 2000 miles and I beat the crap out of it. I understand that some people are having problems and I would be upset as well, but I would not post it on here unless it was a big problem or I could help people out. Instead of posting problems that have already been posted, look at the past post and you will find the post with your problem. Pretty much all the problems are at least consistent problems. Maybe a new one here or there. Just try and have fun instead of finding things wrong with it. I can tighten pretty much every bolt on my truck, now does that mean they are loose. No especially a hose clamp! Every hose clamp can be tightened!

Tarzan said:
cannondale27 said:
TurboJamie said:

So what model Viper do you have? Or are you just another dingleberry complaining about issues that are NYTRO like the stuck relays we all know of and calling it Cat issues?

Just so you know the Nytro is absolute crap compared to the Viper. And yes I had two diff Nytros one boosted.

On apex,vector, also my dad has a 06 nytro and his starter stuck to , so we changed that and the junk cam chain tensioner ;)!

Back