• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Night before the first trip problem- Help!

PeeWee

Veteran
Anyone know where I can get an explanation of error code 84? The night before the first trip, of course. I was moving the throttle cable around by the handle bars trying to mount gps. I have a feeling the error code is for t.o.r.s. The throttle cable cover came out the adjusting nut down by the throttle bodies but it went right back in. Should this cause a problem.

Help!

Allen,
Thanks for the codes. TORS is the problem. What do you do to reset it? According to the codes I could start the sled but not drive it.

Check your conections at your handle bar. Did you wash it while it was cold? Had the same problem with my firends Vector. Turnned out to be at the handle bar. Connection got wet due to washing the sled. Loaded it up in the back of a pick up drove up north in real cold weather, and would not go. Code 84 came up. Water got into the electical at the handle bar, frooze and did not get a chance to dry. Check your connections and your cables.

TORS

I found the problem. When I was mounting the GPS the throttle cable was in the way a little. When I tried to move the cable it made a popping sound. It was the throttle cable casing coming out the the cable adjusting nut. When this happened the throttle couldn't close all the way and triggered the TORS. Getting the cable casing back into the nut is a bit of a job, but once I got it back in everything was fine.

Thanks for the help everyone.

This site is awesome for all the good people it brings together who are willing to help someone in need.

Good riding to all. :Rockon:

Thanks,
Dave

Back