• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nitrous for an apex... Dos and don'ts?

apexg88

Pro
I'm thinking for my next upgrad I want to do a nitrous shot. Straightline proformance puts one out that I was looking at. I have an 06 ER with 2000 miles on it. Anything I should beware of, any companies that are better than straightline, what about other mods I would need to do with it?

Please advise fellow yamaites

:rocks:

you will need to clutch to it...depending on your shot..this means you'd be too low when off the button to accomodate the shot...IMHO this is the best system for the common trail rider/lake runner..yet with only a 2.5 lb bottle it wasnt worth all the hassle for me....if I could get a 2.5 in the nose and two under a modded seat...I'd be all over it.. remeber these motors are pretty bulletproof yet you are adding more heat to the motor...the more nitrous the more heat...and more clutch sensitivity..

You can get the 2.5lb bottle in a nose without any problems and the 2.0lb bottle in the back of your seat with a minimal amount of trimming to the storage compartment.

sj said:
you will need to clutch to it...depending on your shot..this means you'd be too low when off the button to accomodate the shot...IMHO this is the best system for the common trail rider/lake runner..yet with only a 2.5 lb bottle it wasnt worth all the hassle for me....if I could get a 2.5 in the nose and two under a modded seat...I'd be all over it.. remeber these motors are pretty bulletproof yet you are adding more heat to the motor...the more nitrous the more heat...and more clutch sensitivity..

I dont want to over do it, a little shot will do, how much extra ponies do you get with the 2.5 lb bottle setup.

apexg88 said:
I'm thinking for my next upgrad I want to do a nitrous shot. Straightline proformance puts one out that I was looking at. I have an 06 ER with 2000 miles on it. Anything I should beware of, any companies that are better than straightline, what about other mods I would need to do with it?

Please advise fellow yamaites

:rocks:

I just installed a 50hp shot Boondocker kit with a 3lb bottle in the nose. Nos last approx 50-60 sec. 8-9 shots @ 7 sec/shot. Plenty, especially when you think about how many times a day do you WOT. I also have a 20lb refill bottle that I bring with me when I travel to refill at nights, a must have. Also, I reccomed a bottle warmer, ensures a full shot each and everytime..

You will need to have a clutch kit to keep the RPMs down under the rev limiter. Ulmer make a great stage 2 clutch kit, he will help you spec in the weights as well.

On top end I added another 10 mph. I wish I put this kit on 4000 miles ago, it is a rush and cheap added hp..

straightlines standard kit is 40 or 50 h.p..
no bottle warmer is need for this holtzman kit...pretty striaght forward...

I just installed a 50hp shot Boondocker kit with a 3lb bottle in the nose. Nos last approx 50-60 sec. 8-9 shots @ 7 sec/shot. Plenty, especially when you think about how many times a day do you WOT. I also have a 20lb refill bottle that I bring with me when I travel to refill at nights, a must have. Also, I reccomed a bottle warmer, ensures a full shot each and everytime..

You will need to have a clutch kit to keep the RPMs down under the rev limiter. Ulmer make a great stage 2 clutch kit, he will help you spec in the weights as well.

On top end I added another 10 mph. I wish I put this kit on 4000 miles ago, it is a rush and cheap added hp..
So with this kit does it use a full bottle every time you hit the button? How does it work and how much approx to fill the tank back up?

Screenshot_2018-04-18-14-29-35.png search this lots of your questions will be answered. Don't know how to link from phone.

Back