• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

No handwarmers code 81

sledskiing

Expert
Website
www.sledmods.com
I bought some handlebars from timbersled and part of the idea was to get rid of all the handlbar controls. Soo all I have is a throttle cable and brake cable coming up the handle bars. All the other stuff (e-brake, handwarmer, thumbwarmer) have been removed. I started up the sled and got code 81 which has something to do with the handwarmers. I unhooked the handwarmers under the cowling. Any fix to this? Do i just need to reset the computer? If so how do I do it.

This is what my sled kind of looks like

IMGP0082.jpg

not sure on the handwarmer issue, but let's see a full on shot of that sled. paint looks a little different.

So if I am reading this right you are not running any hand or thumb warmers right?

My guess is that when you unhooked everything the computer is looking for the complete hand/thumb warmer circuit, and since it is unhooked - it is throwing the code.

You may just try to insert a jumper (or similar) across the unplugged wires to see if you can get it to shut off - it may not be that simple if the computer is looking for a set resitance across the circuit???

Are you riding this weekend? Looks like there will be some new snow - blizzard conditions forecast for the NE plains, hope some of that hits the mountians on the way there.

I plugged back in the handwarmers and handwarmer adjustments. turned the handwarmers all the way off and removed it again and no code :)

TMK. I'll be riding somewhere this weekend. Here are the places I was thinking of.
- Cottonwood
- Vail Pass
- Rabbit Ears

All depends on who has the most snow

What about you?

Glad you got rid of the code - nice and easy 'fix'

I won't be riding this weekend, I am (maybe?) getting on a flight tomorrow for a business trip. United is already cancelling flights out of Denver so I may have to wait and fly out on Saturday - we'll see.

Post some pics if you ride -

Back