• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

No Lights or Display/Gauge 2006 RS Nytro

HydrogenCyanide

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2006 Yamaha RS Nytro
2006 Yamaha Apex
I took the sled out of the trailer to put in garage as it would not start at all. Replaced plugs and a few other things and get it running. Took some sure start to get it running but it finally started running and everything was fine.

I went out to garage today to start cold without any assistance of the quick start. It fired right up and seemed to run fine. Problem is, now I have no head light, tail/break light and no gauge. I've had this happen once or twice in the past when it was cold out and it would eventually come on but I started it twice and it is not coming on at all. This time of year it is not cold either.

Any idea's of what to check? This is not fuel injected like the apex so the gauge never lights up with just the key forward. The snowmobile actually has to be running.

Thanks

I also just had a look at the fuses and they all look good to me.

have you checked the wiring harness under the tray/tool kit at the front for the hood? was a popular place on rx/rs sleds for a rub through as the wiring harness goes over a peice of metal that cuts it in time. i sliliconed a peice of split fuel line on my 05 rx to prevent this issue.

I just checked that and I don't see anything. No wires exposed and everything looks good. Its a very strange issue and I have no idea where to even start. It worked fine yesterday but not today.

have you tried unplugging the cluster and checking the pins for corrrosion?

same thing with the plug down by the hood hindge. have heard and seen wires backing out of the connectors before with time/vibrations.

I will give this a try. Does anyone have a pin map out of those harnesses? What is really strange is that it is everything. Gauges, screen, headlight, tail light and brake light. There would have to be a wire that signals and/or powers all of that.

I will give this a try. Does anyone have a pin map out of those harnesses? What is really strange is that it is everything. Gauges, screen, headlight, tail light and brake light. There would have to be a wire that signals and/or powers all of that.
there is a wiring map in the service manual that is availble to vip members that probably has the info you need.

I think I've figured it out. There are three relay's on the right side of the sled and the one on the left looked pretty burnt. Its called the load control relay. I've got a new one that should arrive today and I'll see if that works. I'll reply back here either way to help others that may encounter this issue as some point in the future. Relay was $20 on amazon.ca

They're less than $20 from Yamaha and they sub up to an improved version.

Check for corrosion on the white connector with three wires at the starter relay.
Repaired a 2006 Venture that had flickering brake light and cluster. It was this connector. Bad design as it is not waterproof and sits downward cradled by the relay assembly.

Back