• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

No Low Beams... High Beams Fine 2007 Attak

groovymoon

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Yamaha Attak
Howdy,

I have a 2007 Attack.
I had most of the body work off and the headlight assembly and dash panel etc to:
1) Change the plugs, oil, filter and coolant
2) Fix the broken mounting tabs on the headlight assembly.
3) Replace the cracked instrument pod mount...

I got it all back together and took it for a ride last night. The High beams were fine but when I pushed for low beams I got no headlight at all.

Is it possible that I reversed the connection of the headlight bulbs to the wiring harness when I reinstalled the headlight assembly and this is the cause?

Thanks,

Greg

PS: The sled had been sitting for a while... I did not ride it last season at all... I started it up a bunch of times over the last 16 months, but never flipped the headlights hi/lo or even thought to check them.

The headlights worked perfectly before this. No flickering, no weirdness, very bright, switched lo/hi immediately...

With a test light check the switch and the relay. Also check the bulbs. The low beam filament could be burnt on both.
You may need a manual to verify the circuits you are testing.

Yep... I have a strategy for this...and I do have the factory service manual, a test light and a good quality VOM
1) Pull the connectors off the bulbs...
2) Check for power there on both the hi and lo beam connectors... if so... check bulbs for continuity (but we will know the answer)
3) If no power.... work my way back through....to the switch. The switch does feel "normal"... but that may not be an indication.

Since the sled was sitting for so long and the relays not "excersised" at all... I am betting on a bad relay.

I have some new relays on order... they are cheap enough and I will keep them with me on rides.

I am guessing that since there are 4 relays and only 2 part numbers and I know that the one all the way to the outside of the sled is the fuel pump relay....... that the 2nd one in (with it's unique P#) is the headlamp one.

Maybe while I am in there I will hard wire my helmet shield lead to the battery (with an inline fuse of course)

I have a similar problem, 2011 apex. No hi beams but lows work. Tap on relay hi will come on, replaced relay, no change. Did continuity test on both relays new and old book says both are bad. Maybe a bad part? But weird

An
I

thanks. I will check that out!
Anyone have a wiring diagram for headlights,2011 apex? I bought a repair manual on cd. All of the wiring diagrams are to small to read and if you blow them up everything is blurry! Can't make out any color codes. Tech spark manual.

Attachments

• IMG_1707.JPG
    IMG_1707.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 280
Well i am not sure why perhaps just lucky. I found this chasing throttle stuttering, cooling issues ie: fan issues and (flickering low beams.

Attachments

• 09F2A7DF-E68E-4EC9-B5C8-38DDE82618A6.jpeg
    09F2A7DF-E68E-4EC9-B5C8-38DDE82618A6.jpeg
    62.6 KB · Views: 184
  • F16C9DFB-EE07-4B2D-A676-09D46D73A60F.jpeg
    F16C9DFB-EE07-4B2D-A676-09D46D73A60F.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 210

Back